“Amazing Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Firenze Number Nine Hotel & Spa

You added Firenze Number Nine Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Firenze Number Nine Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via dei Conti, 9/31R, 50123, Florence, Italy (San Lorenzo)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #11 of 418 Hotels in Florence
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We recently stayed at Firenze Number Nine and were looked after brilliantly from start to finish. We stayed in room 107 which has one of the amazing ceiling frescos, huge TV, and a beautiful bathroom. This is definitely the right hotel and the right room if you're looking to impress / spoil someone. The staff could not have been more helpful, in particular Yanni - I proposed to my girlfriend in Florence and he made all the secretive arrangements for me, including roses and champagne in the room and tickets for the Uffuzi and Accademie. Awesome breakfast, wonderful spa next door that's free to use for guests, and all this a minutes walk from the Duomo, and 5 mins walk from the train station. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Room 107 Junior Suite
2 Thank Mark M

Westchester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I recently spent two nights here with my daughter during her spring break from college. We took the express train from Rome, and the hotel is a 5 minute walk from the train station. We were warmly welcomed by Yanni - our room wasn't ready upon arrival as we got in early but we were immediately directed to the comfortable and strikingly furnished lobby area, with juices, and some snacks. After dropping off our luggage, we headed to the sights and to our amazement, the Duomo was just around the corner! In short, our room was spectacular with high beamed ceilings, everything in white and purple and beautiful bathroom. (Only possible drawback if you are a light sleeper, there is some street noise audible as early as 6 AM. DIdn't matter to us - if it had, I would have asked for a room not overlooking the street.) All sites within walking distance and the staff were always helpful with dinner reservations and getting us a reservation at the Ufizi when online was full. Dining area for breakfast was gorgeous - the spread and service were excellent. I felt we were very fortunate to have found this hotel, and only hope I'll be lucky enough to return one day!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, I would ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank guban
Teaneck,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This newly opened property (there are still more rooms waiting to be finished) is indeed very attractive offering large rooms, a lovely breakfast in a great space, excellent and attentive service and even an early evening cocktail hour with light snacks and nice wines compliments of the house. There are some technology issues including phone service that remain to be resolved. On one evening the InterNet did not function. Nonetheless I suspect that this now fairly priced hotel is destined to become a very expensive one as it becomes better know. Breakfast and Wifi service are included. A luxury experience at moderate prices!

1 Thank efarkasTeaneck_NJ
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Although we were just stays one night, this hotel impressed on all levels. Beautiful room with great space and fantastic shower and bathroom. Service was impeccable with great recommendations from reception on a restaurant. Breakfast was lovely in a great room with lovely furniture. Located two minutes from the immense Dome and central to shops, restaurants and the highly recommended food market. Pricey for one night, but if you can spoil yourself for one night, this won't disappoint.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaks122
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at Firenze Number 9 for three nights in March and had a wonderful time.

The hotel is only a 5-minute walk from Florence’s main train station, and is very easy to find. It’s also right around the corner from the amazing Duomo and a short walk to all the rest of the main sights.

Once there, I was very warmly welcomed – I was offered a drink, given a map and talked through how to get around Florence. My room wasn’t quite ready as I had arrived a little early, so I sat in the comfortable lounge while I waited, where there are complimentary snacks and drinks laid out for guests.

My room was HUGE for a single, I couldn’t believe the size – the bathroom was even separated from the bedroom by a corridor and door. The bed was extremely comfortable and I also had a glimpse of the Duomo from my window!

The breakfast spread was lovely, there was pretty much anything you would want available – even some Prosecco!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and they gave me some great restaurant recommendations – the best one was actually right next door, Cipolla Rossa. Make sure you try the spicy gnocchi with goat’s cheese!

I didn’t try the spa facilities, so can’t comment on them, but I can definitely recommend Firenze Number 9 to anyone wanting a stylish, welcoming place to stay in Florence.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up may have a view of the duomo
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ClaireJessica
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Located a few blocks from the Duomo, we walked from the Florence train station rolling our bags to the hotel. The hotel is a legit four star property and we were given a warm and friendly greeting by the staff that worked hard to make our stay enjoyable for our four days.

The hotel has a very contemporary and modern motif. The room we had may be the biggest I have ever stayed in with vault ceilings and an enormous footprint. The bed was super comfy with fantastic linens. If I would offer come critique of the room, it does lack some coziness with little wall art in keeping with its modern motif. Our room had a separate bathroom for the toilet and wash basin and another for the shower. Just different but both very nice. Its worth noting, this hotel is so new, the shower handle came off in my girlfriend's hand and the shower would not work. A maintenance worker came up within 3 minutes of calling and later the hotel manager, Roberto. The situation was handled well.

The breakfast was in a very nice dining room and had a nice selection with impeccable service. I have stayed in numerous hotels around the world (see my reviews) but in terms of setting - its one of the nicest breakfast set-ups I have had in European hotel.

We did not try the spa or the pool.

The front desk was helpful and made some restaurant reservations for us during our stay.

Keep in mind the renovations are ongoing and one day we smelled strong paint but frankly you spend so little time in the room in Florence - it did not bother us.

Overall, this is a pretty luxurious hotel. If you are looking for something more than your standard hotel in Florence, this hotel is a great choice.

• 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank mjohns7861
Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and its staff. First off, the location is great. It is in the midst of everything, a very short walk from the Duomo. The staff was genuinely friendly, helpful, and accessible. It did not feel like "customer service," it seemed like this hotel really employed great people who were just being themselves. Upon our arrival, the concierge was helping another couple check in. Rather than waiting in line, we were escorted to the lounge area for a few minutes where they had coffee, water, snacks and reading materials. This was such a nice touch, one of many at this hotel. I was traveling with my husband and step daughter. Two of her friends joined us for one night. My daughter and her friends spent that night in a room that was simply the coolest hotel room I've ever seen. It was two levels, had two bathrooms, and was just incredible. Our need for the larger room to accomodate the three girls was unexpected. The hotel staff accomodated us with no problem and were extremely helpful. After her friends left, she switched to a single room which was also very well done. The single was small, cozy, and was a great use of space. The room my husband and I stayed in was also great. Wonderful amenities, a gorgeous bathroom, and excellent bedding and beds. We were so comfortable. Everyone agreed, the beds were awesome. Moreover, there were just so many nice touches. Breakfast was included and was a lovely spread. For no additional charge, they will deliver a continental breakfast to your room. Also, the mini-bar contents are free of charge. It's nice not to be charged for bottled water. Everyday at 4 pm they have a lovely little spread of olives, etc. with wine. This was just the most comfortable place I could have imagined staying and I think my favorite hotel that I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family