“Beautiful Hotel,Great Service,Central Location” 5 of 5 stars

Firenze Number Nine Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via dei Conti, 9/31R, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #7 of 459 Hotels in Florence
Teaneck,NJ
“Beautiful Hotel,Great Service,Central Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This newly opened property (there are still more rooms waiting to be finished) is indeed very attractive offering large rooms, a lovely breakfast in a great space, excellent and attentive service and even an early evening cocktail hour with light snacks and nice wines compliments of the house. There are some technology issues including phone service that remain to be resolved. On one evening the InterNet did not function. Nonetheless I suspect that this now fairly priced hotel is destined to become a very expensive one as it becomes better know. Breakfast and Wifi service are included. A luxury experience at moderate prices!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Although we were just stays one night, this hotel impressed on all levels. Beautiful room with great space and fantastic shower and bathroom. Service was impeccable with great recommendations from reception on a restaurant. Breakfast was lovely in a great room with lovely furniture. Located two minutes from the immense Dome and central to shops, restaurants and the highly recommended food market. Pricey for one night, but if you can spoil yourself for one night, this won't disappoint.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at Firenze Number 9 for three nights in March and had a wonderful time.

The hotel is only a 5-minute walk from Florence’s main train station, and is very easy to find. It’s also right around the corner from the amazing Duomo and a short walk to all the rest of the main sights.

Once there, I was very warmly welcomed – I was offered a drink, given a map and talked through how to get around Florence. My room wasn’t quite ready as I had arrived a little early, so I sat in the comfortable lounge while I waited, where there are complimentary snacks and drinks laid out for guests.

My room was HUGE for a single, I couldn’t believe the size – the bathroom was even separated from the bedroom by a corridor and door. The bed was extremely comfortable and I also had a glimpse of the Duomo from my window!

The breakfast spread was lovely, there was pretty much anything you would want available – even some Prosecco!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and they gave me some great restaurant recommendations – the best one was actually right next door, Cipolla Rossa. Make sure you try the spicy gnocchi with goat’s cheese!

I didn’t try the spa facilities, so can’t comment on them, but I can definitely recommend Firenze Number 9 to anyone wanting a stylish, welcoming place to stay in Florence.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up may have a view of the duomo
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Located a few blocks from the Duomo, we walked from the Florence train station rolling our bags to the hotel. The hotel is a legit four star property and we were given a warm and friendly greeting by the staff that worked hard to make our stay enjoyable for our four days.

The hotel has a very contemporary and modern motif. The room we had may be the biggest I have ever stayed in with vault ceilings and an enormous footprint. The bed was super comfy with fantastic linens. If I would offer come critique of the room, it does lack some coziness with little wall art in keeping with its modern motif. Our room had a separate bathroom for the toilet and wash basin and another for the shower. Just different but both very nice. Its worth noting, this hotel is so new, the shower handle came off in my girlfriend's hand and the shower would not work. A maintenance worker came up within 3 minutes of calling and later the hotel manager, Roberto. The situation was handled well.

The breakfast was in a very nice dining room and had a nice selection with impeccable service. I have stayed in numerous hotels around the world (see my reviews) but in terms of setting - its one of the nicest breakfast set-ups I have had in European hotel.

We did not try the spa or the pool.

The front desk was helpful and made some restaurant reservations for us during our stay.

Keep in mind the renovations are ongoing and one day we smelled strong paint but frankly you spend so little time in the room in Florence - it did not bother us.

Overall, this is a pretty luxurious hotel. If you are looking for something more than your standard hotel in Florence, this hotel is a great choice.

Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and its staff. First off, the location is great. It is in the midst of everything, a very short walk from the Duomo. The staff was genuinely friendly, helpful, and accessible. It did not feel like "customer service," it seemed like this hotel really employed great people who were just being themselves. Upon our arrival, the concierge was helping another couple check in. Rather than waiting in line, we were escorted to the lounge area for a few minutes where they had coffee, water, snacks and reading materials. This was such a nice touch, one of many at this hotel. I was traveling with my husband and step daughter. Two of her friends joined us for one night. My daughter and her friends spent that night in a room that was simply the coolest hotel room I've ever seen. It was two levels, had two bathrooms, and was just incredible. Our need for the larger room to accomodate the three girls was unexpected. The hotel staff accomodated us with no problem and were extremely helpful. After her friends left, she switched to a single room which was also very well done. The single was small, cozy, and was a great use of space. The room my husband and I stayed in was also great. Wonderful amenities, a gorgeous bathroom, and excellent bedding and beds. We were so comfortable. Everyone agreed, the beds were awesome. Moreover, there were just so many nice touches. Breakfast was included and was a lovely spread. For no additional charge, they will deliver a continental breakfast to your room. Also, the mini-bar contents are free of charge. It's nice not to be charged for bottled water. Everyday at 4 pm they have a lovely little spread of olives, etc. with wine. This was just the most comfortable place I could have imagined staying and I think my favorite hotel that I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a great new hotel in Florence. It is brand new, very tastefully decorated, and with excellent service. We found a good deal in booking.com, which was available because there was construction going on on the 2nd floor of the hotel. This is a very luxurious hotel and it is right in the middle of where you want to be in Firenze. It is in the Medici quarter - the Medici Chapel is right next door. You can walk here easily (5min) from the train station. It is a very easy (straight) walk to Ponte Vecchio. Very close do Duomo and Piazza della Republica. It is tucked in a very quiet narrow street which you will love. Very delicious breakfast buffet with fresh fruit, prosecco, a lot of fancy pastry (along with other things) every morning. We haven't been to the spa but the gym was visible from our balcony. It seemed to be very modern, spacious, full of day light, equipped with state of the art machines. Our room was a junior suit and it was huge. We loved staying here.

Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I found Firenze number nine accidentally whilst looking for a hotel near the Congress Centre. I booked it due to the great rate on offer not expecting much by its unassuming name. It was a welcome surprise to find that it was a fantastic little hotel - large enough to have all the amenities but small enough to still be intimate. The staff were all fantastic and welcomed you with a smile. All requests were met without hesitation. The only drawback was that we organised a private guide for 2 days and planned to pay for that in our overall bill at the end by credit card. We were told at the last moment that we needed to pay for that in cash which meant going to the ATM and withdrawing several hundred euros. Fortunately we were not in a rush! Overall though, I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again if visiting Florence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Firenze Number Nine Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!