“Very nice. Great staff. Great location.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Richmond, Virginia
“Very nice. Great staff. Great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Located a few blocks from the Duomo, we walked from the Florence train station rolling our bags to the hotel. The hotel is a legit four star property and we were given a warm and friendly greeting by the staff that worked hard to make our stay enjoyable for our four days.

The hotel has a very contemporary and modern motif. The room we had may be the biggest I have ever stayed in with vault ceilings and an enormous footprint. The bed was super comfy with fantastic linens. If I would offer come critique of the room, it does lack some coziness with little wall art in keeping with its modern motif. Our room had a separate bathroom for the toilet and wash basin and another for the shower. Just different but both very nice. Its worth noting, this hotel is so new, the shower handle came off in my girlfriend's hand and the shower would not work. A maintenance worker came up within 3 minutes of calling and later the hotel manager, Roberto. The situation was handled well.

The breakfast was in a very nice dining room and had a nice selection with impeccable service. I have stayed in numerous hotels around the world (see my reviews) but in terms of setting - its one of the nicest breakfast set-ups I have had in European hotel.

We did not try the spa or the pool.

The front desk was helpful and made some restaurant reservations for us during our stay.

Keep in mind the renovations are ongoing and one day we smelled strong paint but frankly you spend so little time in the room in Florence - it did not bother us.

Overall, this is a pretty luxurious hotel. If you are looking for something more than your standard hotel in Florence, this hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and its staff. First off, the location is great. It is in the midst of everything, a very short walk from the Duomo. The staff was genuinely friendly, helpful, and accessible. It did not feel like "customer service," it seemed like this hotel really employed great people who were just being themselves. Upon our arrival, the concierge was helping another couple check in. Rather than waiting in line, we were escorted to the lounge area for a few minutes where they had coffee, water, snacks and reading materials. This was such a nice touch, one of many at this hotel. I was traveling with my husband and step daughter. Two of her friends joined us for one night. My daughter and her friends spent that night in a room that was simply the coolest hotel room I've ever seen. It was two levels, had two bathrooms, and was just incredible. Our need for the larger room to accomodate the three girls was unexpected. The hotel staff accomodated us with no problem and were extremely helpful. After her friends left, she switched to a single room which was also very well done. The single was small, cozy, and was a great use of space. The room my husband and I stayed in was also great. Wonderful amenities, a gorgeous bathroom, and excellent bedding and beds. We were so comfortable. Everyone agreed, the beds were awesome. Moreover, there were just so many nice touches. Breakfast was included and was a lovely spread. For no additional charge, they will deliver a continental breakfast to your room. Also, the mini-bar contents are free of charge. It's nice not to be charged for bottled water. Everyday at 4 pm they have a lovely little spread of olives, etc. with wine. This was just the most comfortable place I could have imagined staying and I think my favorite hotel that I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a great new hotel in Florence. It is brand new, very tastefully decorated, and with excellent service. We found a good deal in booking.com, which was available because there was construction going on on the 2nd floor of the hotel. This is a very luxurious hotel and it is right in the middle of where you want to be in Firenze. It is in the Medici quarter - the Medici Chapel is right next door. You can walk here easily (5min) from the train station. It is a very easy (straight) walk to Ponte Vecchio. Very close do Duomo and Piazza della Republica. It is tucked in a very quiet narrow street which you will love. Very delicious breakfast buffet with fresh fruit, prosecco, a lot of fancy pastry (along with other things) every morning. We haven't been to the spa but the gym was visible from our balcony. It seemed to be very modern, spacious, full of day light, equipped with state of the art machines. Our room was a junior suit and it was huge. We loved staying here.

Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I found Firenze number nine accidentally whilst looking for a hotel near the Congress Centre. I booked it due to the great rate on offer not expecting much by its unassuming name. It was a welcome surprise to find that it was a fantastic little hotel - large enough to have all the amenities but small enough to still be intimate. The staff were all fantastic and welcomed you with a smile. All requests were met without hesitation. The only drawback was that we organised a private guide for 2 days and planned to pay for that in our overall bill at the end by credit card. We were told at the last moment that we needed to pay for that in cash which meant going to the ATM and withdrawing several hundred euros. Fortunately we were not in a rush! Overall though, I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again if visiting Florence.

Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! I loved being able to walk to my hotel from the train station on arrival, and to be within a 2 minute walk of the Medici Chapel. The staff was professional, friendly, and endlessly helpful. My suitcase was lost at the airport and the front desk staff was quite diligent in getting it back to me. They were also very helpful in arranging tours, taxis, supplying local maps, and directions. I stayed for a week and it felt like I was being welcomed home when I returned from an outing. The generous spread of appetizers that accompanied a glass of wine in the lobby bar served for dinner one evening when I returned late from a hectic business meeting.
I would definitely return here the next time that I am in Florence.

Montreal, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Hotel was Amazing in most aspects. The location is ideal, it is within walking distance to all major attractions. The service was exceptional, the staff extremely friendly and helpful ( they arranged an excellent private wine tour for us even though we asked last minute) . The service was impeccable! The staff always present and offering to help. Rooms are clean and spacious and very modern, however the sound proofing was lacking , the noises in the streets were loud at night.
In the evening they offer complimentary snacks.
The breakfast was good with excellent variety.
The spa was ok : 2 saunas, a steam room and a Jacuzzi ( the Jacuzzi was not very warm).
I would definitely recommend this hotel .

chelmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We returned from Florence yesterday and stayed at this hotel for a long weekend, and we couldn't have picked a better hotel. The Number nine hotel is between 5-10mins walk from the station (don't bother with a taxi it is far too close for that)! Once we settled in we ventured out and realised that we were less than a minutes walk from the duomo so the location to central Florence was spectacular, but we had the benefit of being down a secluded side street.
The bedrooms are modern, spacious and the bathrooms lovely too. There is also some kind of sound proofing which means if you close the windows you don’t hear the duomo tower bells ringing.
The rooms are all heated/air conditioned depending on how you like your room.
The staff were so friendly and always there to help.
The food in the hotel was great. The breakfast was an assorted continental buffet in a modern dining area. There was also a relaxing lounge area which was filled with pastries and soft drinks at lunch time for you to nibble on. In the evening you could order a drink and sit in this area while being offered complimentary olives, breads and other Tuscan delights.
I would highly recommend this hotel; in fact I have already done so to friends!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Firenze Number Nine Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!