“Yummy Food Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 239 Tours & Activities in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Ciao a Tutti! My name is Alina and I am a Tourist Guide in the beautiful city of Florence. Since I was a child, I have had an appreciation for fine food and wines from Italy. Over the years, this appreciation for fine food and wine has become a passion. Now, I would like to share my experience and knowledge with you, taking you on an expedition through the renaissance street of this marvelous city. I will take you through its historical piazzas full of allegories and legends. Pleasant company and a good glass of wine make the perfect pairing.So, welcome and join me in your Florence Taste Tour!
London, United Kingdom
“Yummy Food Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We did this food tour a few weeks ago and it was great. Alina was very sweet and knew her stuff. She knew all the vendor's by their names and we were able to sample atleast 15-20 different food and drinks. WE also had the opportunity to buy oils, salts and wines. The wine sampling were quite generous towards the end. The chocolate shop was the perfect ending to tour tour. It was soooo decadent.

Thanks Alina!

Ormond Beach, Florida
61 attraction reviews
“Look at the ratings...EVERYONE loves Alina Ferroni”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Bites of Florence by Alina Ferroni
florenceandtastetour.com

Before I go in to all the detail of the tour, let me introduce you to the owner/tour guide Alina Ferroni. She is living 10 minutes from the city by motor scooter, she shops in the market and knows many vendors by name, and she is dedicated to showing tourists where to find the most authentic products at the best prices. She is opposed to the 'touristy' places that have high prices and take advantage of unsuspecting tourists. She loves Florence and will show you the hidden secrets of living well in Florence when buying wine, balsamic vinegar, cheeses, meats or leather goods and other products. She will get you the best product at the best price.

We were met promptly at the pre-arranged meeting place by Alena, a congenial and welcoming young woman, who made us feel at home right away. It was obvious we were about to see Florence, a city she knew well and loved.

We first went to a little patisserie where we met the owner, then had some heavenly, made-on-the- site pastries and capucinno. Alina gave us a brief history of the ownership, being sure we understood that these were owners who made their own pastries and served their community and friends with honesty and pride day after day, for years.

Next we entered the San Lorenzo Market, a place where every food stuff can be found. Alina knew many of the owners and workers and actually shopped here for her own family. She was able to guide us through the labyrinth of vendors to find the best value and most authentic products from Italy. We sampled truffle products, balsamic vinegars and aceito balsamic, cheeses such as local Parmesan Reggiano and award winning cave cured cheese, local hams and salamis, just made biscotti and apple strudel, and to top it all off, a special lunch sandwich of our choice of tripe or turkey from one of the oldest vendors in the market. The turkey in my sandwich was so juicy and tender...like nothing I have had in the US--EVER! The line at this vendor was growing longer and longer by the minute!

After a wonderful time at the market, we went to a local wine shop where we sampled some delicious red wines from the area nearby. The owner offered us snacks as we sampled the wine. Many locals came in or passed by to say hello and pick up a sandwich or a heavy snack. Then it was on to the only chocolate shop in Florence where the owner makes his own chocolate. Chocolates and gelato ended our day. Bellisimo! We could not eat another bite and we were enchanted with the local merchants of Florence. Bravo, Alina! We recommend you highly!

Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
“Great fun and education!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked our excursion and needed to make a couple of changes, which Alina was great about accommodating. When we finally hit the cobblestones with her, she was wonderfully kind, knew where to take us and who to have us talk with to find out about the local ingredients we wanted to learn about, including fava beans and beer in particular. A cool thing was that when there were lines of people waiting for something delicious, Alina was able to have immediate access and got us samples of whatever the vendor's specialty was. I recommend this tour highly.

Lafayette, California
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family of 5 had a wonderful experience with Alina going to places we wouldn't have gone to as tourists without a guide. Alina was very accommodating to our family with respect to what we wanted to do. We loved the Central Market and enjoyed our experiences with the locals. We tried food we wouldn't have normally even thought of having including tripe. I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to get an insider view of food and the Central Market in Florence. Alina also pointed out historical facts along the way.

Visited March 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“Nice tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We made tour bites and foodies and i have to say he we had a lot of fun we try so many things and we learn a lot. I highly raccomand this tour