“Great but some disappointments” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 1,973 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Touch Florence is The First Italian Restaurant in Florence who has an Ipad interactive menu on each table.Every person in the restaurant can place his order watching pics and video directly on the Ipad.The menu is changing every single day according to the availability of the best fresh materials available on the market without forgetting the traditional recipes.The restaurant has an open view kitchen useful for cooking classes.
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Great but some disappointments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The food was great! The taste was great, but the portions were very small. Also the price of the surprise menu is too high. When you order the surprise menu, you'll get some combined dishes from the menu. Also everyone received an limoncello at the end of their diner, but we didn't. That really bothered me. The "iPad-menu"-concept was great actually! Kind of a recommendation though.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stefano_Acciai, Proprietario at Touch Florence, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thanks a lot for the time you have spent leaving a review about Touch Florence restaurant. We are glad that you leave positive review overall: you got the option "chef's table" that is a creative menu set up by the chef accordingly with the best raw materials he get from the market the same morning. We say sorry about the limoncello, we did not want to disappoint you , it was our fault if we didn't bring it to you. We are glad also that you appreciated the iPad concept, that is an easy way to guarantee freshness and transparency to our guest. Thanks again, Stefano

Leeds
“A Special Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Looking to avoid the tourist traps in the very centre of Florence and flowing some great TA reviews we decided to check out Touch last night.

I suspected the IPad Menu might be a pointless gymic but I was wrong!

We booked earlier the same day we ate and was lucky to get a table - I would always try book ahead!

A warm welcome and nice table with air con which was perfect on a warm evening. The iPad menu is pretty dam cool as you can see how the food is made, what it contains and of course a price and picture.

We shared a bottle of white Chardoney at 14 euros which was really good for the money.

I started with pâté. Sounds boring but try it. Best Pâté I have eaten. ever! My partner had the crab with an amazing freshly made chilli sauce and mayo.

For mains I had the excerpt pork in a sort of oriental sweet sauce. Lynsey had the beef. You pay by the 100g and they show you the suggested size before cooking. I will try add pictures later. What a plate full and delicious too!!

We were pretty full so shared a chocolate fondant. Simply it was perfect.

All in all the meal was 100 euros which isn't cheap BUT we think it was worth it.

A special dining experience and the staff and food made it so!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Good evening and thank you very much for your review: it worth a lot for us! We are very glad that your experience at Touch was "special". We are trying to do our best in this daily job: when people leave a review like yours we get all the energy we spent back. Thanks again, hoping to see you for your next trip in Italy. Have a nice day, Stefano
Florence, Italy
“6 stars out of 5! Best meal in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Absolutey delicious! Great nouveau Italian flavors. I had the melon mousse with prosciutto followed by a very subtle zucchini pasta. My wife had a delicate mixed greens salad and sea bass. The waiter helped with great wine pairings.

I didn't feel the iPad menu is a gimmick at all - it was very helpful to see sharp photos of the entrees before deciding...

Absolutely recommend it!

Visited July 2013
Stefano_Acciai, Proprietario at Touch Florence, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks to you Matthew for this amazing review. The Menu is designed to be an innovation of traditional tuscan recipes: interactive menu helps us to communicate what our chef Matteo Giuliani can realize with the best ingredients. But the technological support do not want to substitute human relations between waiter and guest: in fact, people can't place order by themself (although many people criticize us for missing this step) and we are also very happy to help people while choosing their own meal. Thanks for the recommendation, Stefano.
Denver, Colorado
“best restaurant we found on our trip to Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We rented an apartment in Florence for five nights in early June. We found this restaurant on TA and chose it due to its proximity to our rental.

My husband and I went alone for dinner and couldn't have been more pleased - the service was very attentive and the food was incredible! We started with the zucchini flowers and the crab milanese - wow, both were fantastic! I ordered the Sliced Beef steak as my main and they brought it out to show me prior to cooking - it was the most flavorful steak I have had in a very long time...thinking back to our days in NYC. My husband had a fish the Crunchy Seafood Salad with Scampi, Cuttlefish and Italian Prawns dish - he thoroughly enjoyed it.

The wine list was outstanding.

We enjoyed our dinner so much that we returned the next night with our children. Max brought out some huge porcini mushrooms that they had found that day - so my son started with porcini mushroom risotto and my husband had a porcini bruchetta. My daughter and I had the zucchini and crab (again). I then split the steak (yep, I liked it that much) with my son for our main, my husband got another fish dish and my daughter had the homemade fettuccine. We had complementary desserts along with drinks.

When we return to Florence we will return to Touch - for dinner and a cooking class! Thank you for two nights of fabulous food:)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Good evening and thank you so much for this detailed review about our restaurant. The words you spent about Touch, make us full of proud and they giving also a strong energy to keep going with the same wish to satisfy people's needs. When you will back in Italy do not hesitate to contact us for any special request, we will be very happy to help you finding a way to satisfy your wish of happiness with food. Thanks a lot, have a very nice day, Stefano
Valletta, Malta
“Wow.... Amazing!!! Simply good food wine and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Small charming and modern place... It's hidden in the streets of florence... But it's simply amazing... The ambience is original the food is exceptional and the service is very friendly.. A great well done!!!

Visited July 2013
Thanks for your review! We are very happy that did you like atmosphere , food and service. The full satisfation of our guest is the greatest feedback we can get from the catering world. Hope to see you again next time, ciao Stefano