“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sanctuary B&B Firenze

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
Sanctuary B&B Firenze
You added Sanctuary B&B Firenze to your Saves list
Via Borgo Pinti, 15, Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #294 of 553 Florence B&B and Inns
San Diego
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2006

My wife and I stayed in this convent on our last night in Florence after returning from the Tuscan countryside. The facility is extremely clean, comfortable, and convenient. The Nuns did not speak any English, however I speak Italian. You can also attend Mass every morning is you so desire.

I recommend this facility to all my fellow language students (Adults) here in San Diego. I would stay here again without any reservation.

Be aware of the evening curfew. (11:00 pm).

• Liked — Clean, value,
  • Disliked — curfew
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay here
  • Stayed October 2004, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

Borgo Pinti, 15, Florence
Phone: 055.248.0582; Fax: 055.234.6291

I stayed there for three days. My single room (number 211), with unattached bathroom directly opposite the door, costs 38 Euro. The room is spacious and quite clean. Shower facilities are acceptable. The sisters provide you with two towels per stay. There is an elevator.

Getting from Florence’s Santa Maria Novella station takes about 25 minutes (with luggage). The convent is really easy to find. Just take Duomo as the landmark and follow the map. The location is convenient; I walked to everywhere, from Accademia to Palazzo Pitti and all. There’re cute takeaways, internet cafes, groceries, and restaurants in the neighborhood.

The convent is not at the car-free section of the Borgo Pinti street. And it has thin walls. In the early evening, noises from vespas and from other travelers in other rooms can be annoying.

The sisters are kind and have friendly faces. Italian, French, and some English are spoken. There’s a wide selection of breakfast (many types of bread and jam, etc.). Breakfast is served during 7.30-8.30 am.

Consider the location, I’ll still choose this convent for my future stay, but will ask for an ensuite and a quieter room.

• Stayed April 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2004

This hostel, run out of a working convent, is a great, cheap option for travellers--especially because it is just two minutes east of the Duomo and situated on a small street, which minimizes the noise somewhat. I stayed there with two female friends on a recent trip to Florence in late March. We had a spacious, very clean, very comfortable quad with an ensuite bathroom (and a great shower with regular water pressure!) Would recommend without reservation--as I've said, a good deal, very centrally located, very clean and comfortable. The nuns are very friendly and speak some English; they also speak French. The hostel allows men too, according to my Rough Guide. Only caveat is that there is a curfew--the guidebook said midnight but we were told doors closed at 11:30.

Been to Sanctuary B&B Firenze? Share your experiences!