“Thought it was great !” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Macon, Georgia
“Thought it was great !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights last week during our time in Florence. It was spotlessly clean. The family that owns and runs this hotel are extremely genuine and they want you to feel like part of their family. Breakfast was just enough to get you through to lunch. Our room was plenty big, and the view out of our window was amazing ( Duomo and courtyard).. This is a hotel that Rick Steves recommends. All the positive reviews I saw here on TI were true. Did notice that faintly musty smell when you walk into the building on street level but I also noticed that smell in lots of old buildings in Italy. The hotel is on the 2nd and 3rd floor, and does not have that smell.. It is fresh and bright! Location can't be beat! Would definitely stay here again !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Europa a few weeks ago. Hotel Europa is a wonderful small hotel right in the heart of Florence. The rooms are comfortable and larger than others we stayed in Italy. The European breakfast was very nice and I enjoyed the coffee Miriam made each morning. The location is within an easy walk to the major sites. Miriam was incredibly helpful, friendly and could not have been more accommodating. I would definitely recommend Hotel Europa and I look forward to staying there again when I return to Florence.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a wonderfully family run hotel in centrally located Firenze. The location, price, cleanliness and helpfulness make it a great place to stay. The breakfast, which is included, has lots of options for everyone's taste. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My adult son and I stayed in Florence for 8 days. As everyone points out, the location is excellent, walking distance from all the museums, the duomo, and the train station. The breakfasts were delicious, and they quietly change the TV station from the local Italian to an English station, depending on who is in the room. My son and I were on different schedules, and they were very gracious about coming downstairs to let whomever didn't have the key back in to the room. We had a very quiet twin room facing the courtyard, and it was far larger than we expected. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, and to visit again. It's not a luxury hotel, but the friendliness and warmth of Miriam and the staff made our stay perfect.

Room Tip: We were on the courtyard on the first floor. Incredibly quiet. Aside from the first day with our l...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wenonah,NJ,USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel owners and all staff were helpful and accomodating. The location was great and the room was large, clean, charming and quiet. The breakfast included in the room charge was excellent. We would reccomend this unique and charming hotel to all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Miriam and Robert run a wonderful hotel. Good value for your travel dollar. The accommodations are lovely, the breakfast is superior and the location is excellent. I would definitely stay here again. They made us feel like family! There is an elevator and the hotel rooms are up about two or 3 floors, so they are quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Glasonbury, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Europa last July 2012--traveling alone and my first trip out of the US. This is a well know hotel--even the taxi driver from the Florence airport knew exactly where it was.
It wasn't like a Hotel --in my experience it was more like a B& B in the heart of Florence. The rooms were well kept, decorated, and the bed comfortable. I had to shut off the air conditioning because I got cold! Aldo, I could see the Duomo from my suite. The owners are AWESOME, friendly and I actually would have liked to bring them along with me to Assisi when I traveled there. The breakfast was hearty--including protein (eggs etc) not just carbs. I was traveling to other areas in Italy and returned to Hotel Europa for a final night. Very convenient location and if you need train or other travel arrangements, the Travel agency is one door down from the Hotel--i was able to get train tickets there and avoid the long lines at the station.

I wish I was heading to Hotel Europa and Italy Today! Enjoy....

Room Tip: There are all good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Europa? Share your experiences!