“Very good value in Florence” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Europa
Via Cavour, 14, 50129 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #39 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Basel, Switzerland
“Very good value in Florence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel has a great, friendly staff and was very well priced given its location - just a couple blocks from the Duomo and a 10 minute walk from the train station. The breakfast that is included in the price is a very good spread for a hotel Italy, which usually have smaller breakfasts... we went in the off-season so there weren't many mosquitoes out, but we noticed that the room also had an air conditioner had we needed to keep the windows closed due to either bugs or the heat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at Europa in May with my mom, sister, neice and daughter - we had an excellent stay! I also stayed in 2008 with my husband. My daughter and I were lucky enough to be able to return in October for some shopping and spent 4 nights at Europa. It is a perfect base for everything in Florence - walking distance to the sights, restaurants, and shops and close to the train station. The breakfast is not fancy, but satisfying and the owners could not be nicer!! Perfect cappucinos every morning!!! We feel like we are coming home when we arrive and nothing is too much trouble for Miriam and Robert. Mama is sweet and always busy and smiling!! We had a beautiful room with a view and enjoyed the nice hot steamy shower. The building is old and has history - I love staying in historical buildings - the thick walls bring quiet nights and coolness from the heat of the day. We took their reccomedations from Miriam for Za Zas restaurant and have had some of the best meals of our trips there. I am watching a blizzard out my window right now and would give anything to be back in Florence!! See you soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Porter Ranch, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

When I first entered the Europa Hotel I thought I'd made a big mistake. As someone else said no
curb appeal but I couldn't have been more wrong. This is a great place to stay. Miriam,Roberto and "Mama" make everyone feel at home. The room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was quite good and the location is great. I am planning on a return trip to Florence and I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I booked 2 nights here on short notice using Rick Steve's guide book. Although the hotel was located inside the "No Drive" zone for non-residents, Robert advised me that we could drive to the hotel without being fined as long as we put our car into a local parking garage which he arranged. The hotel location was fantastic, all the popular sights within easy walking distance. The room was clean, breakfast was good and Robert and Miriam are great hosts. We will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Located the hotel in Rick Steve's book. Stayed for 3 nights and was very surprised by both the proximity to the Academie, Duomo and the Medicci Chapelle and the wonderfully helpful owners Robert and Miriam. The room was recently updated had a great view of the Duomo and the bed was excellent. It's often a lot about service and these two owners have it wired. Curb appeal is nothing to write home about but once inside they made you feel you were home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked the Hotel Europa for 3 nights in Florence, the location was perfect. It was a short walk to the basilica, the Accadamia and th San Lorenzo market. They had a good, standard breakfast. The bathroom had been updated but room was a little dated however, the location and the price more than makes up for it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 30 years ago. How did he remember the name of the hotel? Because they were so nice . The next generation is now running the hotel. Miriam and her husband Robert are the nicest folks you could ask for. They are friendly, helpful and interesting.
The hotel location could not be any better, and despite the central location, the hotel is surprisingly quiet. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though nothing fancy. I loved being able to see the top of the Duomo from the window of the room. We will definitely stay here when we return to Florence. Oh, and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Europa? Share your experiences!