“hotel europa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 461 Hotels in Florence
vancouver,BC cANADA
“hotel europa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We spent 4 nights in Florence at Hotel Europa,which we gt from Rick Steve's Travel Italy book.wE HAD ROOM 47-which had a balcony,view of the Duomo.Miriam and her husband Robert were extremely helpful,recommending restaurants,certain shopping areas,and even a hairdresser.
The breakfast is continental,which we found a bit wanting,having being used to a full buffet breakfast in other hotels.The capuccino,made bt Miriam,and vrought to the table was excellent.
Geart value for the money.

Room Tip: Request room 47,has a balcony and a view of the Duomo-suitable for a couple.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We chose the Hotel Europa in Florence based on Trip Advisor reviews and are very happy that we stayed there. We stayed one night after 3 nights in Rome. The location is amazing - easy walk to the Duomo, the Academia, markets, synagogue, train station etc. The room was clean, attractive comfortable, roomy...and quiet. The airconditioning worked well and the bed was comfortable.There was even free WIFI in the room that my i-phone could connect to and a desk tiop computer available for a minimal fee as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful, answered all of our questions and requests patiently and with a smile. Like many mid level and budget hotels in Italy it occupies a number of different floors in the same building...a little off-putting at the beginning but fine once you get the hang of it. We absolutely recomend the Hotel Europa in Florence.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room when we reserved and that is what we got.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We spent one night in Florence and were having a terrible time finding a quad room for our family of four that met our budget. We finally found a room at Hotel Europa and must say it was a very pleasant surprise. The building entry is nothing special and you have to go up one or two flights to the registration office but the staff was very friendly and the room was enormous and attractively decorated. Plus breakfast was included. Great value for the money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the kind of place the average 3 star hotel should aspire to be like, and it's only a 2 star!?! It is literally 200m from the Duomo, the rooms are very clean, big and comfortable. The reception staff is very welcoming and happy to help. They even lent us a guidebook for the two days we were there. I can only recommend this place if you are looking for comfortable budget location in the city center.

One note to potential users of the parking service (and to the hotel management if they read this). Florence is impossible to park in, and public car parks extortionately expensive. The hotel works with a local private company that pick up and return your car to the hotel. They charge EUR 24/day. Really great! However, my car's two "trip" odometers had been set back to 0. This would have required two completely seperate and advanced manipulations of the car's onboard computer. Unfortunately I did not note down the main odometer's reading so I couldn't see the distance they drove. But the fact that seat height, exterior mirros (left and right), interior mirrors had all been modified has made me quite suspicious of their use of my car. Why mess with the onboard computer?? I was using this to calculate my mileage! Even the computer's time setting had been modified.

Don't let this detter you from staying at this little gem of a hotel! You will be hard put finding a better location/price/quality ratio anywhere in Florence! Tip: we asked for room 53. It has a view on the Duomo :-).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We arrived to Florence via bus from Siena to Santa Maria train station. We didn't have much luggage, so we walked to the hotel. It only took us about 15min and it was worth it. That's how the Duomo was revealed to us.

This hotel was in Rick Steves' Italy guide book budget traveler recommendations. That book served me so well in my 3 weeks trip in Italy and all the recommendations I used were superb!

Hotel Europa has a great location. 2 min. walk to the Piazza del Duomo. We never used public transportation, since everything was within walking distance.
We were greeted at the hotel by Miriam, who together with her husband and her mother own the hotel. This family is amazing. Nice, respectful, honest, accommodating, truly wonderful human beings; and they run their hotel the same way and in doing so, make you feel like you are apart of the family.
Miriam was so very helpful with great suggestions for dinner and any other question or reservation we had to make. To top it all off, since my mother left after 3 nights and I had 1 night on my own, she not only gave me a room for the price of 1 person instead of 2, but also arranged it so I can stay in the same big room that I was in for my first 3 nights. So I got an amazing value for my last night.

The rooms are spacious, clean, beautiful, have a safety box in the room, has bathroom/shower in the room and a great view (i asked for the view of the Duomo and it's nice to wake up and see that red dome over the roof tops). Oh, did I mention they have the most comfortable mattress.
They provide a continental, basic breakfast (included) and some great Cappuccinos. We never left hungry.

This is truly one of the most pleasant hotels i stayed in. You will not be disappointed! Book it now, they get filled up very quickly.

Room Tip: Rick Steves' readers get a 10% discount here if you mention it on the phone. 3 nights stay will...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We really loved the Hotel Europa on our trip to Florence a few weeks back.

- Location.

The location of the hotel is great, walking distance to every major sight on Florence and walking distance to the station. It's also close to a number of decent restaurants close by, (Za Za was by far our favorite).

- Room.

The rooms were very clean, the bed was a little on the firm side (which most of ours were on our trip to Italy!) but we had no problem sleeping. Our room (47 I think) had a balcony that had a nice view of the Duomo. This was the first room on our trip to Italy that had AC so it was a welcome sight!

- Amenities.

The hotel provides free wifi (just ask at the front desk), the hotel also has an elevator. Believe me after our hotels in Siena and Vernazza this also was a VERY welcome sight!

The hotel also does a nice continental breakfast in the morning (coffee/cappuccinos/croissants etc).

- Service.

Robert behind the front desk was a great source of info. He took us through a (free) map of the city and showed us the locations of all the major sights in the city.

- Overall.

As I said above we couldn't have wished for a better experience in Florence. We would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Florence!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I had never stayed at Hotel Europa before, and had my misgivings before I got there since it was so close to the duomo (2 blocks). I was concerned that it might be noisy and on the old side. I was pleasantly surprised with everything in this little oasis from the crowds and heat of Florence in the summer. My room was remodeled, extremely clean, had a great modern bathroom, was air conditioned, and had a great view. The most memorable part of my experience here was the staff - Miriam, John, and their daughters were so gracious and friendly I began to feel like I was staying with family, which is really nice when you're traveling alone. This hotel will definately be my place to stay when i go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Europa? Share your experiences!