“A quiet place to stay in Florence” 4 of 5 stars

Residenza Johanna I
Via Bonifacio Lupo 14 | Firenze, 50129 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #92 of 522 Florence B&B and Inns
Benicia, California
“A quiet place to stay in Florence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just 20 minutes walk from the Duomo and all the hustle and bustle of tourist world, this bed and breakfast is great. The rooms are large for Florence and very well appointed. The breakfast is good not great but there are many good places to eat nearby.
Florence can be very noisy so we enjoyed the peace and quiet and would stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear guests from Yardley, Pennsylvania,

thank you very much for your kind attention. We are glad you could enjoy our peaceful & quiet residence after visiting Florence and we are sorry that breakfast was not much of your taste. Generally, our guests like it very much, as one can read from past reviews, but, in anyway, we welcome all comments that help us to improve our service.

Awaiting to welcome you again in Florence we send you our warmest regards
from all the staff of Johanna I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Stevensville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

As part of our first 16-day trip to France & Italy my husband & I stayed 3 days in Florence at the Residenza Johanna 1. Upon arrival we were immediately welcomed by friendly, hospitable Luca who helped us relax and feel at home. Since I had planned the trip without the aid of a travel agent or tour guide we were eager for any advice he might offer about the area. He was very helpful in offering a city map & information about the short walk to the Duomo & the Galleria dell' Accademia where we had wanted to go the following day. I asked about walking to the Porcellino and San Lorenzo markets & he marked our map for us taking much of the angst out of our exploration. We loved Florence & this lovely Bed & Breakfast. Luca & Ilanet offered to book us tickets online to the places we wanted to go. The room & breakfast accommodations were nice & we had a lovely time here because we felt so comfortable. I would certainly recommend this B & B for anyone staying in Florence. We would stay here again, probably at least a day more, if we were fortunate enough to be able to return. Elaine & Paul from Ontario, Canada

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Elaine & Paul,

thank you SO much for your beautiful review and for your kindness.
The feelings are mutual as also for us it was really a pleasure meeting you and we are glad that you felt yourself at home and comfortable.
We do hope to see you again during your next trip to Florence and until then we send you our warmest regards for a lovely winter!

From Luca and Ilanit and all the staff of Johanna I
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I really can't praise Residenza Johanna I enough. Although we were a little sceptical when we arrived (though the location is great, slightly confusingly you need to go into the quad of what must have been a large house once and then up to the first floor, past some legal offices etc) partly because there was some building work going on in the quad, and partly because it was unseasonably hot and we were feeling a bit harassed, once we were in, it was lovely. The welcome couldn't have been warmer - we were shown to our room, and told to relax for as long as we needed before popping across the corridor to check in. After having chilled out a bit, we were checked in in moments, and then given a helpful map and a series of (what turned out to be) excellent recommendations by the staff. As it was our first time in Florence, they were keen to make sure we had a good time - seeing the obvious tourist sights, but also some more 'local' experiences, including some really great restaurant recommendations well away from the tourist strip. They were there throughout our stay to answer any other questions we had, and we really great. The room was lovely - a good size, extremely clean, decorated in pastels with nice art on the walls, a large bed and TV. The bathroom was compact, but again spotless and the shower was very powerful. There was complimentary tea and coffee available constantly, and an honesty bar with chilled soft drinks and beer. Breakfast was self service and in a little room by the office - all good stuff, plenty of toast, yoghurt, cereal, juice etc. At night, amaretto and biscotti were left out in the same room for guests. Pricewise for Florence Residenze Johanna seemed very reasonable (though at the top end of our budget!) and I would certainly recommend it to one and all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear guests from London,

we thank you heartedly for your kind and generous words regarding our residence and, especially, those referring to our staff - it was lovely having you here with us and we really hope to see you again soon!

Our warmest regards from Florence
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We really enjoyed this place: beautiful house, very clean, cosy and quiet room, charming people and good breakfast. The owner is very helpful and nice. She gave us good recommendations of places to visit and to eat in Firenze. We would come back for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear guests from Andorra la Vella,

thank you very much for your kind words.
We are waiting to welcome you back and reccomend you still more good places to eat and beauties to see!

Our warmest regards for a lovely winter
Ratingen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed 4 days in Florence this summer and chose the Residenza Johanna for our stay. We really enjoyed our time there and are really happy, that we made this decision. Because of the comments on the Trip advisor we thought it would take even longer to the city's "center", than it took us. We have reached the Dome within 10 minutes and therefore had a quiet room in the night. Besides, visiting such a city always means a lot of walking. Our room and the whole Hotel was furnished very classical and cute. The bathroom is a bit small but was enough for us and our 4 days trip. Most of all I want to point out friendly staff. We have never experienced such a perfect and helpful staff before. All of them helped us as fast as possible and as best as they could. Thanks to that we also found our favourite florentine restaurant. We will book there again if we come back to Florence one day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear guests from Ratingen,

we thank you heartedly for your beautiful and kind words regarding our staff - it was our pleasure assisting you with all information required and we are happy to read that you've found your favourite restaurant in Florence - it does give a warm flavour to a place, doesn't it?
Hope to see you again during your next visit to Florence and until then we send you our warmest regards

Setubal, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Staying in Residenza Johanna I is like having your own private residence in Florence. It is a warm, cosy and inviting place with a great ambiance. I particularly like the way we were welcomed, the refinement of the decoration and the tranquility of the place. The location is perfect. Not far from the city center, which we can easily reach walking, but providing enough distance from the crowded and noisy Florence. As I give great importance to special details, it was very pleasant the idea of having coffee, tea and cake at their guests disposal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear guests from Portugal,

thank you SO much for your generous and beautiful words! It was lovely having you here with us
in our little home in Florence so please do come back to visit us during your next stop in Italy!
We send our warmest regards to you and your beautiful country

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

First time in Florence, travelling as a family (including our 7 years old daughter), we came here as we were told it was a nice place and the environment welcoming. All expectations were met and surpassed: room easily fulfilled our needs, people extremely accomodating and helpful, everything you could possibly want from a B&B! Just outside the main center, walking distance from all the city's beauty.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed well laid out and reasonably sized.