“Brilliant Florentine B and B” 5 of 5 stars

Residenza Johanna I
Via Bonifacio Lupo 14 | Firenze, 50129 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #95 of 507 Florence B&B and Inns
London
“Brilliant Florentine B and B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was my second time at Johanna. It's a lovely b and b, warm and friendly with lovely big rooms and great decoration and a very relaxed atmosphere. You you feel welcome and at home instantly. The staff are friendly and helpful and the location is good. They serve an excellent buffet breakfast and there are drinks and snacks on hand all day long. Being english we were particularly pleased with this, as a nice cup of tea is essential after a long day of sight seeing! We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear guests from London,

it is a great pleasure reading your so beautiful and generous words about
our residence and it was wonderful having you here for the second
time - there's no better compliment!!!
We are grateful for your enthusiasm and for feeling very much at home while
staying with us and we can't wait welcoming you all again soon!

Our warmest regards to you and your fascinating city
from all the staff of johanna I

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Komárno, Nitra, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Thank you for perfect holliday spent in FIRENZE !
Thank you for a perfect, beautiful moments spent in Firenze, where we feel comfortable, , like at home . Especially thanks to your team and for your accommodation !
Perfect situated : near to center, but on quite street !
Peet T

Room Tip: Perfect location, near PARKING, Near the Center of city !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear guests from Slovakia,

thank YOU a lot for your beautiful words, for your appreciation,
for your enthusiasm and kindness!!!
We are glad you felt at home staying with us as it is exactly what we wish to convey
to all travellers who choose to make a stop at our residence.

Our warmest regards from Firenze hoping to see you again soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a wonderful bed and breakfast, very comfortable and beautifully furnished with reql character. A nice breakfast and tea and cakes to come back to in the afternoon. The staff are friendly and helpful and are fluent English speakers

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear guests from London,

we thank you very much for your beautiful words and for so appreciating our residence character and staff and we willigly will welcome you again in our florentine home!

Our warmest regards and best wishes for a mild english autumn
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed 5 days at Residenza Johanna I. It is located in a quite street, in an old Italian apartment house in the middle of Florence.
Our room and bathroom was very nice, decorated with antique Italian furniture, a four-poster bed and air condition.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, we got some great recommendations for sight-seeing, shopping and restaurants. (You should definitely try Tito´s Osteria which is just around the corner!)
Tea, coffee and cake is available free of charge the whole day, breakfast is good.
Not far away from the city center and you can reach all tourist attractions within walking distance. Also, the Botanical Garden is just around the corner, if you need a break from the tourist routine. We enjoyed Florence and our stay at Residenza Johanna a lot and would definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear guests from Germany,

it was a pleasure reading your very kind words about our residence and, above all, it is a pleasure knowing you enjoyed your stay with us.
We thank you for sharing your experience and florentine tips with future travelers and hoping to welcome you again in our residence in the near future

Our warmest regards from Firenze
São Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

you feel like home in Florence. Very clean and antique style.
Could be a little closer to central Florence but 15 min walking you get there.
Nice service and staff.
The bathroom is too tiny but the room was fine.

• Stayed September 2012
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear guests from Sao Paulo,

we thank you for your kind attention toward our residence and we hope to meet you again in Florence.
With our warm regards to you and your city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Don't be put off by the entrance... this hotel is located on the first floor of a townhouse so not the easiest to immediately find. But it's clean, well located and the room had air con (a must for Italy in summer). Breakfast was adequate; fairly standard I think (criossants...etc.) and the welcome was warm. Tea, coffee and cake available at all time which was great for those nibbles. Bathroom was a little small and shower wasn't that powerful; tv was small. All in all, a good stay with no frills.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear guests from London,

thank you for your kind words and, of course, for staying with us in our homey residence.
We hope to see you again here in Florence and we send greetings to your city that, by now, is probably already getting back to its natural rythm.

Our warmest regards from all the staff of Johanna I
Vila do Conde, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I went to Residenza Johanna I after 4 days at Rome and I got a stunning experience of Firenze (Florence) starting from this B&B. Beautifuly decorated, we started by getting an upgrade to our room with no extra charge. The hole hotel is well decorated in a classical style, in a quiet neighborhood at 7 min. short walk to the main atractions (almost all by the river). You take San Gallo street from here and after a short walk you're at the middle of all the action. You can even get free cake by the time you return tired from sightseeing! Definitely our best hotel experience after our trip around Rome-Firenze-Pisa-Tuscany. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest from Vila do Conde, Portugal,

we are truely thankful for your beautiful review and are glad to know that we made part of your authentic florentine experience. And that's no small issue when travelling.
So please return to visit us for discovering more of Florence's buties and tell us about Portugal and until then we send you our warmest regards from a still very hot Firenze

From all the staff of Johanna I

Been to Residenza Johanna I? Share your experiences!