We stayed for four nights in this lovely find of a hotel. We were in room 205 overlooking the gardens at the front of the hotel, it was decorated with yellow and ochre silk furnishings which went beautifully with the dark parquet floor, the glorious bathroom was marble and both were spacious and light . Two windows with shutters.Ortigia products in the bathroom along with the hairdryer and more than enough towels including flannels. No tissues or cotton wool or nail files but im sure if we had asked for some, it would not have been a problem. Mosquito plug in with tablets located in the wardrobe. Housekeeping was of a high standard. All the staff were very professional and polite, nothing was too much trouble. It really is very smart but not a stuffy hotel .The views from the terrace overloooking Florence are quite spectacular. The pool is not heated and was still too cold to swim unfortunately, but you are provided with towels and the pads on the sunbeds are very comfortable.The food in the restaurant is very well presented and of the highest quality.Breakfast is well laid out and there is a good choice of fruit juices,fruit, cheese, smoked salmon,meats,cereals and jogurts. Every afternoon there is complimentary tea and cake served in the lounge, a very nice touch and eagerly consummed by us weary tourists. It was so lovely to return to the beauty and peacefullness of the Villa La Vedetta after the hustle and bustle only a 20 minute walk away. While the shuttle bus was a definate plus. We would definately stay in this lovely hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true 'Urban Resort' unique in Florence. Romantic neo-renaissance villa, today a lavish hotel of only 18 deluxe rooms and suites in exclusive panoramic position on Piazzale Michelangelo, with breathtaking view of Florence only a few steps from Ponte Vecchio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Splendia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa La Vedetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Vedetta Hotel Florence
- Hotel La Vedetta
- Boutique Hotel La Vedetta