“Perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Santo Domingo
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is perfect!! The staff is a family that take personal attention to all the details in an excellent way taking care of all of your requests. very clean and good location.
Definetely stay again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Great location within 10 minutes of train station and short walk to all tourist sites. Staff is almost all family and extremely helpful. Excellent breakfast included. Stayed in different single room two separate nights. Both rooms very clean & modern. 10% cash discount. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good choice for our family of four. The hotel is centrally located and the room was well appointed and large. It is run by three generations of family who are friendly. They were very helpful with local information and suggestions for a day trip. The room rate includes a good breakfast buffet and happy hour. Would recommend.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you stay at the Davanzati you should expect to leave feeling like one of the family. Tommaso and Fabrizio go far out of their way to make sure everything you need, even unusual requests, are taken care of. I stayed for four nights this April in advance of a writer's retreat I was hosting in Florence. I am not exaggerating when I say that I could not have gotten things ready for the event without Tommaso's help.

I had reservations for my group at two different restaurants which, despite Tommaso calling in advance and telling them I was coming in to meet and set menus, treated me poorly when I arrived. Tommaso then called two other (excellent!) restaurants where he knew the owners. He told them my story, made sure they would not only be expecting me but would treat me, and my group, very well. Those were the two best meals our group had in Florence, and we were treated like royalty.

In addition to the Davanzati hospitality, the hotel is impeccably decorated, stylish, immaculate and smack in the center of everything you could ever want to do in Florence. They host a happy hour each night which is a fun way to meet other guests and mingle.

I recommend the Davanzati without hesitation for anyone looking for a special stay in Florence where you will be treated as a true guest and not a number. I know I will be going back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
North London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Davanzati on our recent trip to Florence. The hotel is within good walking distance of all the main attractions but far enough away to be less busy/noisy than somewhere right in the centre. The owners are all extremely helpful and accommodating to any assistance required. Breakfast is continental and a good light start to the day (fresh fruit salad, cold meats/cheeses, croissants etc). Our room was extremely clean and sizeable enough for two comfortably. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend the Davanzati to anyone thinking of visiting Florence.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the 1st e-mail request I sent to Fabrizio & Tommaso many months ago while planning our recent 2 day stay in Florence, we received immediate, thorough and friendly responses from this family run hotel. Like so many other reviewers, I cannot say enough about the hotel and its proprietors. Before we even arrived, they offered so much helpful information. We used the car transfer service of their sister company to get from the airport. The driver was ready, waiting and so helpful. The afternoon "happy hour" is a fun addition. The breakfast was always delicious and service excellent. Our room was lovely and quiet. Hotel location is perfect for walking access to everything in Florence. Tommaso or Fabrizio was always at the desk, ready to help with directions or to make a reservation. Tommaso went above and beyond when we had rental car problems and made phone calls on our behalf. What could have been a disastrous situation was quickly resolved due to his intervention. If we ever return to Florence, Hotel Davanzati will definitely be our choice again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Hotel Davanzati is a wonderful hotel that captures perfectly the Tuscan flavor of Florence. The hotel felt like home during our 9 day stay in Florence. Fabrizio, his father, Tomasso, Giovanni, and Leonardo were great in their knowledge, information, and tours of Florence as well as of Tuscany. The breakfast was hearty and the happy hour fun and a great way to meet and talk with other travelers. We stayed in the junior deluxe suite which is Tuscan modern and a spacious apartment for a family; it was fantastic and clean! I recommend The I Drive Tours ( hotel tour company) highly! I Just Drive tour guides: Fabrizio, Tomasso, and, and Giovanni gave interesting and informative tours to Assisi, Chianti, Lucca, and Pisa~ so well worth it and excellent! The entire staff was welcoming, warm, and friendly. Fabrizio is a professional, great, and knowledgeable hotel operator, concierge, and tour guide at this hotel. Fabrizio's restaurant recommendations were perfect for us. I recommend the Hotel Davanzati for its great location, service, location, and understated elegance. I will look forward to another stay at this gem nestled in the Via Porta Rossa in Florence!

Room Tip: Room 100- the junior deluxe suite was spacious and like an apartment!