“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Chicago
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My GF & I stayed here in late April 2009 (and it's stuck with me, so must've been good, right?), and absolutely loved it. It's a very short walk from the train station, which is nice with luggage.

The room was adequate, but the service of owner Carmen (and husband Pino) was spectacular. Additionally, the rooftop terrace, where all the travelers seemed to congregate after a long day of sightseeing and discuss their trips over many bottles of wine provided a great sense of community.

Of all the wonderful sights in Florence, Carmen & Pino's hotel ranks right up with the best as our favorite memories of Florence (along with the Accademia, Piazzale Michelangelo, and the Duomo). It was definitely a surprise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ILBargellino, Owner at Hotel Il Bargellino, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you so much for writing. It REALLY makes a difference to us and to Trip Advisor readers searching for accommodations in a foreign land. All our best to you and yours for a wonderful holiday filled with all the love and cheer family and friends can bring.
Carmel, Pino and Leo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cultus Lake, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Il Bargellino for 6 nights. Liked it so much that my spouse and I returned for an additional 2 nights during our stay in Italy. The location to the sights as well as the ease of getting to the train station made it very convenient. Owners Carmel and Pino were so welcoming. Safe, secure and clean. The room was very charming and so comfortable. We especially enjoyed the adjoining terrrace. I would highly recommend and we plan to return.

Room Tip: rooms adjoining the terrace are sunnier
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We can not thank you enough for your kind works. The simple fact guests like you take the time means so much to us. At times we're truly overwhelmed!
Carmel and Pino (and Leopoldo)
Salmon Arm, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed there for 5 nights, would like to thank the honesty of one guest who returned my passport and money. I found the parrot charming and owners helpful and friendly until the last night when we moved to another room. This bathroom was very smelly, and a loud party hosted by the owners changed my opinion entirely. I wish that we had not come back to stay, as we had very little sleep and it put a bad spin on what seemed like a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I hade the pleasure of staying at Hotel Il Bargellino for 4 nocs October 13-17th. The hotel was clean, welcoming and conveniently located,...a few blocks from the train station,3 blocks to the Duomo, San Lorenzo Market and all historical sights. It felt as if we were at home from the moment we walk through the doors.. We were greeted by Pino who promptly carried our bags upstairs to our room. We stayed in room #8 which was spacious and had french doors leading onto the terrace. Our room was furnished with an Antique desk, head board and spacious amoire. Just beautiful !!! My friend commented the second we walked in the room that "this was what she pictured the feel of Italy would be".. Our private bathroom was immaculate, it appeared to have been recently renovated. Beds were comfy, pillows "just right" and the bedspread charming. In the evenings we sat outside and enjoyed a glass of wine and conversation with other travelers. The terrace is large with several tables and chairs. Plenty of room for everyone. How did we get so lucky !!! Carmel greeted us after we settled in,..she couldn't have been more helpful. She gave directions to all the sights, offered to set up museum tickets, helped with train schedules and made our stay one we will never forget. It was really helpful that she spoke English and Italian. Being able to ask her questions came in handy. She suggested wonderful restaurants for dinners and cafes for my morning cappuccino. Thank you Carmel and Pino,... you both were the perfect hosts and your hotel was the best stop during our visit to Italy. When we return to Florence we will plan on staying with you again....It was truly the "Perfect Find"....Thanks for everything . We had a wonderful time. xoxoxo Marsha +Evie

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks a million! Your review with photos is worth it! Pino and I hope to have you two back ASAP. That's how much fun it was! Happy Holidays to you and yours, Carmel, Pino and Leo
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After staying at this hotel for three nights last weekend, I don't see any reason to look at any other hotels on my next visit. It's close to the train station, the central market, San Lorenzo, Cappelle Medicee, Santa Maria Novella,, and a 10 minute walk to the duomo. Also it's just barely outside of the Limited Traffic Zone with a parking garage a few doors away, so it's perfect if you are driving. It's clean and nice, and they are very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ILBargellino, Owner at Hotel Il Bargellino, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so much!! I can not tell you how much your kindness means.
Carmel and Pino
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Carmel & Pino take pride in their lovely hotel. It's clean, open, and has a beautiful outside rooftop terrace that is a great place to congregate and enjoy the days or evenings.
Our room was nice, tall ceilings and a new bathroom. We had 2 women in one room (2 single beds) and were able to access Wi-Fi directly from our room. Also, our room opened up to the rooftop terrace, which was nice (unless there were people out there late into the evening, which really didn't happen for us). This hotel is located close to the train station and close to the Duomo - the heart of Italy. The only drawbacks I could see for some people would be the fact that there is no lift (for your luggage, you must carry it up one staircase) and that there is no breakfast included. Otherwise, a wonderful gem of a place, and I will return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I would highly recommend Hotel il Bargellino! It was within walking distance from the train station & near other Florence attractions. Carmel actually helped us get reservations to the Accademia. She & Pino truely made us feel at home. I was impressed from arrival to departure with their service. My husband & I both thoroughly enjoyed the terrace & the conversations with the new people we met there. Stay here! Thank you, Carmel & Pino, for a great experience!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Il Bargellino? Share your experiences!