This hotel was all-around excellent. First, the look/feel: An elegant design aesthetic to the public rooms, all gracefully furnished with modern pieces/style, but preserving older touches such as coffered ceilings original to the building. Truly lovely. We had friends staying elsewhere and when they came over, they couldn't believe how nice our hotel was.
Hotel was an easy 5 minute walk from train station. We were greeted by the concierge upon our arrival and given a cold drink and relaxed. Our bags were whisked to our room sight unseen.
All day, each day there was a lovely selection of cold drinks and cakes/snacks (complimentary) in the living room. Breakfast was an excellent buffet with yogurt, croissant, smoked salmon and cream cheese, cereals, capuccinos etc made to your order. You could also order omelettes if you wanted, but we found the buffet very nice and completely adequate.
Our room was wonderful -- completely sound-proof (I am somewhat noise sensitive so I really care about this). We stayed in the basic level room that was 350 euro per night including everything -- tax, breakfast, etc. I might upgrade for a higher priced room next time since the room was rather small. However, it was beautifully designed -- clearly by fashionable architect. Excellent bed and bedding, individual climate control, complimentary minibar stocked with cold drinks. Turn down every night. Everything done professionally and with style.
The one thing I will say is that in our room, the bathroom was kind of on an upper level that connected to the main living area of the room with a short staircase. Our first night, I fell coming down the stairs in the night and skinned my knee badly. I'm young and spry so this was not such a big deal, but for an older person, could have been disastrous. People booking might want to ask about whether the bedroom has this loft-style bath set-up if they are at all clumsy at night.
A word about the staff -- The staff here go above and beyond to make your experience wonderful -- the concierges came up with dinner reservations every night that were pretty good despite the fact that a) we were there over a holiday, and much was closed and b) in my opinion, practically everywhere to eat in Florence is a major tourist trap where the restaurants are expensive and they don't really care if you come back or not, so service is crummy. JK staff was just great with any request -- they would find a way to make it work, and were incredibly gracious and friendly.
There is also a hidden gem roof deck where you can lounge with a book and call downstairs for a glass of wine to be brought up to you. The roof deck was just as elegant as the rest of the place and a nice touch.
I should note we were not on our honeymoon/anniversary etc trip so I believe our stay was fairly typical. All in all, this hotel was one of the best I've been to in Europe, and I do a lot of premium business travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort, sophistication, style and value right in the heart of Florence. J.K Place has carved out an exceptionally pleasant niche for itself, a niche that’s just seconds from the door of the stunning church of Santa Maria Novella. All the major sites are within easy walking distance. The rooms: Just twenty of them, snazzy, characterful, no two are alike, and all with signature soft furnishings in creams, granges and neutrals offset with contrasting piping in an effortlessly chic Anouska meets Ralph love-in. The glass covered courtyard and roof terrace beckon on warmer days whilst winter afternoons are best spent huddled by the fireplace in the J.K Lounge with a thick slice of cake and a steaming hot cioccolata con panna. Add very friendly, discreet service plus probably the city’s best Concierge and you are just asking for a good time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your JK Place Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jk Place Firenze Florence
- Jk Place Firenze Hotel Florence