“A deluxe B & B..home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

JK Place Firenze
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Santa Maria Novella, 7, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #14 of 461 hotels in Florence
Toronto, Canada
“A deluxe B & B..home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent 5 nights at this wonderful 'hotel' in Florence. I had struggled with the decision of where to stay as the Jk Place is fairly expensive but I was so thrilled with my decision. the location is excellent ,the hotel warm and inviting even on a cold rainy winters day. The staff are superb and did everything to make our stay in Florence extra special. I had not organized anything for our trip in advance but Angela and Carmen organized a wonderful guide Nadia to show us the wonders of Florence for 2 Half days.All the staff helped us with dinner reservations and put real effort into choosing where we should dine...The breakfasts are wonderful,the fireplace burns,the candles flicker and the aroma of the hotel lingers in my memory..

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very conviently located from the train station, therefore walking is very possible

Not much ammenities nearby though, but theres a pub beside, a few walks to the shopping streets

Thumbs up for the service from the hotel management

We arrived around 11pm on the first night and they still managed to wait for us and cook us dinner

Very good service

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was in Florence in 29 Jan to 1 Feb 2013. We were a group of 4 travelers and made bookings of the Classic and Superior rooms.

This boutique hotel is conveniently located in the Santa Maria Piazza which is like 5 minutes walk from the S.M. train station of Florence. So, don't be silly and refrain from ordering a taxi! We were greeted by very attentive staff, they knew exactly who we were as guests and handed out our keys readily even at 10:30pm. The kitchen stayed opened for our orders even though they were supposed to be closed by that time and I must say although the food wasn't that gourmet great, we were more impressed with the kind hospitality extended to us on the first night.

The setting for the hotel is like a home (with style). You don't check in at a front desk but in a mini library study and the restaurant replicates a sitting area of a Florentian home. It's all very cosy and well thought of given the space that they have to deal with. This move actually does add a special touch which is simply refreshing apart from the usual commercial hotels. Don't expect a pretentious grand lobby, polished marble floors or tall ceilings either.

The decoration and staging for this hotel is rather immaculate. The guy who spent his time doing this must be a real pro. (I know, I am an interior designer!) Overall, it is a nice place to be in and it seriously makes you feel that you've arrived in a special place. The rooms are small as with all oldish Italian buildings. But they remain well appointed and equipped with a free mini bar, proper showers and they even fitted a four postal bed into a tiny Classic room which I took. It added a rather romantic feel to things although I was alone in my room all the time. Looking at my friend's Superior rooms though which are only slightly bigger, I wouldn't trade mine over for theirs. All they had extra - a bathtub which you had to enter to take a normal shower.

Their rooms look blend as compared to mine. And although I had a very big framed mirror on the side of the bed to get used to..... I slept rather well in the linen. Which was surprising because the linen didn't actually feel that it had a threadcount. It was undoubtedly quite raw which isn't that good if you slept without a top (or bottoms) off!

It is not easy to find a hotel that offers breakfast inclusive of room rates in Italy (just ask Armani in his snooty Milan hotel). It just shows how bothered JK Place is about being a perfect host. It wouldn't have cost an establishment much for a simple array of pastries, fruit, basic latte or cereal and they gladly coughed up a set eggs menu too. There was ample to eat and a butler was always there to cater to our requirements with the coffee types and eggs fancies.

I would recommend this hotel to mainly couples though. It just felt a bit of a waste that the wife wasn't there! JK Place is quiet, classy, understately dressy and definitely not pretentious. The photos on their website do not lie. You do get what you see there and it is just better to be immersed in it.

A great way to start your visit to Florence. Bravo!

Room Tip: Just take the Classic room. Or cough out for the suites.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

After a fabulous stay at The Eden in Rome, we were quite excited to continue our trip through Italy at JK Place. This hotel was highly recommended by our travel agent who booked a well planned trip. A surprise for my 60th birthday. What was described as the best hotel we would stay in was our biggest disappointment. The hotel itself is striking, comfortable and hip. We were warmly welcomed by a staff member who had us relax by the fire and had hot tea brought to us while we waited for our room. She also mentioned that a special treat was planned for my birthday. A bottle of Prosecco would be in our room. My husband and I thanked her and even though we are not accustomed to drinking a lot would enjoy before dinner. This never materialized. During my stay I noticed that housekeeping did not replace bath gel. An extremely unfriendly gentleman appeared at the door and insisted that the maid said she had left it. He obviously thought I was "hoarding". I bathe every night and like the luxury of a tub full of bubbles. On our last night the same gentleman knocked at our door and asked if we needed towels. I asked if we would have maid service. He rudely said this is it! It is Sunday and we have no one. As we left for dinner. I could not help telling the concierge about my dissapointments. She listened with concern and when I came back gave me a Lovely diffuser gift. The manager called our hotel and graciously offered dinner in Venice. However, did not compensate for the lack of concern for us as guests. We are puzzeled why we were not treated as important as others have been here. At over $400.00 per night, we deserved and expect better treatment!

• Stayed January 2013
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just returned from Florence having had an enjoyable stay at the JK Place Hotel. Staff very attentive and hotel location well apointed as close to main train station were many visitors arrive by train or coach. Easy walking distance to all main attraction/visitor sites.

With only 20 rooms this small but high end hotel had all the quality expected, with bedrooms tasefully decorated.

Will certainly consider a return when next in Florence.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights while exploring Florence and the surrounding Tuscan area. We stayed in four different hotels during our Italian journey and this was by far the best hotel. When we asked for recommendations for dining, the staff came through every time. The staff genuinely cared about our experience in their hotel and city. I don't know if there was a hotel that provided better service than JK. The location of the hotel is perfect - close to everything in the heart of Florence, but quiet enough that we were never disturbed. The fragrance from their diffusers used in the hotel were pleasant.

While this hotel will cost more than others, I won't hesitate to return here.

Room Tip: Room #3 doesn't have a view, but it was very peaceful. No noise at all during the night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Six nights of warmth, consummate service and beauty. The staff is first-class, our master suite lovely, location on Piazza Santa Maria Novella romantic and visually stunning. I felt privileged to spend time in this beautiful, contemporary "townhouse"; one has the sense of staying in an elegant home, with great privacy. I LOVE this hotel. Claudio Meli is an excellent executive manager. Matteo, Lorenzo, Angela, Carmen, Patrick, Jacobo, Eugene, Martin and all the other dedicated professionals are memorable.

Room Tip: Master Suite is extraordinary.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to JK Place Firenze? Share your experiences!