I was in Florence in 29 Jan to 1 Feb 2013. We were a group of 4 travelers and made bookings of the Classic and Superior rooms.
This boutique hotel is conveniently located in the Santa Maria Piazza which is like 5 minutes walk from the S.M. train station of Florence. So, don't be silly and refrain from ordering a taxi! We were greeted by very attentive staff, they knew exactly who we were as guests and handed out our keys readily even at 10:30pm. The kitchen stayed opened for our orders even though they were supposed to be closed by that time and I must say although the food wasn't that gourmet great, we were more impressed with the kind hospitality extended to us on the first night.
The setting for the hotel is like a home (with style). You don't check in at a front desk but in a mini library study and the restaurant replicates a sitting area of a Florentian home. It's all very cosy and well thought of given the space that they have to deal with. This move actually does add a special touch which is simply refreshing apart from the usual commercial hotels. Don't expect a pretentious grand lobby, polished marble floors or tall ceilings either.
The decoration and staging for this hotel is rather immaculate. The guy who spent his time doing this must be a real pro. (I know, I am an interior designer!) Overall, it is a nice place to be in and it seriously makes you feel that you've arrived in a special place. The rooms are small as with all oldish Italian buildings. But they remain well appointed and equipped with a free mini bar, proper showers and they even fitted a four postal bed into a tiny Classic room which I took. It added a rather romantic feel to things although I was alone in my room all the time. Looking at my friend's Superior rooms though which are only slightly bigger, I wouldn't trade mine over for theirs. All they had extra - a bathtub which you had to enter to take a normal shower.
Their rooms look blend as compared to mine. And although I had a very big framed mirror on the side of the bed to get used to..... I slept rather well in the linen. Which was surprising because the linen didn't actually feel that it had a threadcount. It was undoubtedly quite raw which isn't that good if you slept without a top (or bottoms) off!
It is not easy to find a hotel that offers breakfast inclusive of room rates in Italy (just ask Armani in his snooty Milan hotel). It just shows how bothered JK Place is about being a perfect host. It wouldn't have cost an establishment much for a simple array of pastries, fruit, basic latte or cereal and they gladly coughed up a set eggs menu too. There was ample to eat and a butler was always there to cater to our requirements with the coffee types and eggs fancies.
I would recommend this hotel to mainly couples though. It just felt a bit of a waste that the wife wasn't there! JK Place is quiet, classy, understately dressy and definitely not pretentious. The photos on their website do not lie. You do get what you see there and it is just better to be immersed in it.
A great way to start your visit to Florence. Bravo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort, sophistication, style and value right in the heart of Florence. J.K Place has carved out an exceptionally pleasant niche for itself, a niche that’s just seconds from the door of the stunning church of Santa Maria Novella. All the major sites are within easy walking distance. The rooms: Just twenty of them, snazzy, characterful, no two are alike, and all with signature soft furnishings in creams, granges and neutrals offset with contrasting piping in an effortlessly chic Anouska meets Ralph love-in. The glass covered courtyard and roof terrace beckon on warmer days whilst winter afternoons are best spent huddled by the fireplace in the J.K Lounge with a thick slice of cake and a steaming hot cioccolata con panna. Add very friendly, discreet service plus probably the city’s best Concierge and you are just asking for a good time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your JK Place Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jk Place Firenze Florence
- Jk Place Firenze Hotel Florence