After a fabulous stay at The Eden in Rome, we were quite excited to continue our trip through Italy at JK Place. This hotel was highly recommended by our travel agent who booked a well planned trip. A surprise for my 60th birthday. What was described as the best hotel we would stay in was our biggest disappointment. The hotel itself is striking, comfortable and hip. We were warmly welcomed by a staff member who had us relax by the fire and had hot tea brought to us while we waited for our room. She also mentioned that a special treat was planned for my birthday. A bottle of Prosecco would be in our room. My husband and I thanked her and even though we are not accustomed to drinking a lot would enjoy before dinner. This never materialized. During my stay I noticed that housekeeping did not replace bath gel. An extremely unfriendly gentleman appeared at the door and insisted that the maid said she had left it. He obviously thought I was "hoarding". I bathe every night and like the luxury of a tub full of bubbles. On our last night the same gentleman knocked at our door and asked if we needed towels. I asked if we would have maid service. He rudely said this is it! It is Sunday and we have no one. As we left for dinner. I could not help telling the concierge about my dissapointments. She listened with concern and when I came back gave me a Lovely diffuser gift. The manager called our hotel and graciously offered dinner in Venice. However, did not compensate for the lack of concern for us as guests. We are puzzeled why we were not treated as important as others have been here. At over $400.00 per night, we deserved and expect better treatment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort, sophistication, style and value right in the heart of Florence. J.K Place has carved out an exceptionally pleasant niche for itself, a niche that’s just seconds from the door of the stunning church of Santa Maria Novella. All the major sites are within easy walking distance. The rooms: Just twenty of them, snazzy, characterful, no two are alike, and all with signature soft furnishings in creams, granges and neutrals offset with contrasting piping in an effortlessly chic Anouska meets Ralph love-in. The glass covered courtyard and roof terrace beckon on warmer days whilst winter afternoons are best spent huddled by the fireplace in the J.K Lounge with a thick slice of cake and a steaming hot cioccolata con panna. Add very friendly, discreet service plus probably the city’s best Concierge and you are just asking for a good time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your JK Place Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jk Place Firenze Florence
- Jk Place Firenze Hotel Florence