Sometimes hotels are better than expected. Not often. But this hotel is not only better than it looked on paper...it is special. The location is perfect; it is a 3 minute walk from the train station and a 10 minute walk from the Duomo. So we could always find our way! The helpful staff were always cheerful and went out of their way to enrich our stay with suggestions. Their restaurant recommendations were terrific. The room was spotless We had paid for an upgraded room so I expected a nice room. What we got was a wonderful, large room with a large bath and a balcony overlooking the piazza. As we sat on our balcony, watching the people moving about below, I was already planning our return to Florence and the Hotel Santa Maria Novella. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. Great value for the money and a special place to stay. I want to single out Maria, one of the managers. She was training an intern on the day we left. I said to the intern: watch this woman. She will teach you what hospitality means.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella