My wife and I stayed 2 wonderful nights while in Florence, this was a perfect spot. The location is great, right in the middle of the Piazza Santa Maria Novella and a very short walk from the train station. One caveat there are two train stations in Florence, Firenze Santa Maria Novella (abbreviated as Firenze SMN) which is close the hotel and the other is Firenze Campo di Marte. The Campo di Marte train station is just outside the main road ring (boulevard) that surrounds the historical city center and is a taxi ride 8-10 euro to Santa Maria Novella. The hotel staff is very helpful and pleasant. You can walk anywhere you need to in Florence from the hotel, the breakfast buffet with very good and is included in the room rate. The room was spacious and clean with a wonderful view of the Piazza. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella