Beautiful boutique hotel, in a convenient location near the train station. The first room we checked into would have been quaint for a couple, but for two sisters we needed to switch rooms. They immediately found another room, and it even had a better view so it was worth upgrading. That being said - once we were shown to our room, it was difficult to get back there. Two elevators, through a number of buildings, over the river and through the woods and there we were again. They do say it's all about the journey.
The room itself was beautiful, with nice furnishings and comfy linens. Marble bathroom with heated towel rack was good, but was a little disappointed after seeing photos of the bathtub rooms that we only had a shower. Still, it was nice and had great lighting.
Since the room was right on the square, the view was amazing. I was worried that it would be noisy, after our debacle in Rome on a loud piazza, but we never heard a thing.
The front desk staff were great. Always there, good with directions and even remind you to take one of their umbrellas when it's raining. We wanted to ship some things home and asked about a UPS store, the woman at the front desk could not be more helpful. She told us to just bring down our things and fill out a simple form and they would take care of everything else. Next day we received e-mails verifying our shipment. Made life so much easier.
Loved the breakfast buffet. Will agree the breakfast staff concentrate more on the tables and food than the guests, but it wasn't so bad.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel. Easy to get almost anywhere from the location and a nice place to come home to after a long day of taking in the sights.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.