“Gorgeous property on the outskirts of Florence” 5 of 5 stars

I Parigi
Via Luigiana 12, 50125 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #178 of 521 Florence B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Gorgeous property on the outskirts of Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I loved our stay at I Parigi - the grounds were magnificent, fantastic pool with stunning views. Our room and washroom were quite large, clean and functional. I would recommend a car for staying here due to its location. If I were travelling with my husband I think we would have been far more adventurous in walking into town for dinners, but I was with a girlfriend. If you walk a lot and are active the steep hill shouldn't be an issue. Nor did we take the bus into Florence. As with much of Europe, it is difficult sometimes to find somewhat remote places, so don't think it is fair to give I Parigi critical comments in this regard. We did order some food a couple of evenings which was adequate, but they don't purport to be a fine dining establishment - it was late, we were hungry, and had been out touring around all day. Guido was very helpful in making recommendations for day trips and restaurants. Great location for exploring Tuscany.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Rooms are correct . Always nice to have the possibility to drink a coffee or tea on the room.
Nice swimmingpool and views in the garden.Peacefull environement.
But breakfast is a minus. Enough space in the garden but everybody is sqeezed under the roof .
The servants are not well and clean dressed.
Breakfast is poor . No effort is delivered here to satisfy international standards.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
como
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

It will not be easy to find , it is not in central Florence , it does not provide you all the services you will find in a good hotel but believe me it is better. Just few kms outside of the highway , on a hill perching over La Certosa di Firenze ( the view from the garden where there is a lovely pool to enjoy is simply out of this world ) , there is I parigi an historical building turned into a high class B&B with rooms of different level still all well maintaned and sized , You will live in history and you will be treated with exquisite poilteness from everyone . The breakfast is served in a small garden making your start of the day even more pleasant , they will provide you drinks or small bites (until 8 pm) , you will leave in a sort of a dream , there is hardly a more sophisticated retreat in Florence area . And if you wish to head for downtown just ask a cab , 15-17 euros will be enough to be enjoying then a good night in this wonderful town and then head back to I parigi, where your dreams will be calm and golden .
Highly recommendable

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Beautiful gardens & pool area with fantastic views. We would take a bottle of wine & glasses and sit by the pool of an afternoon looking out over the fantastic vista! A lovely castle at the top of the hill not far from Florence (around 15 mins out by cab). Beautiful large room with clean spacious bathrooms. Lovely helpful staff. Breakfast room quite small with not a lot of choice & strange contraption to cook boiled eggs in. Aside from that, a beautiful stop over!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner one upstairs over looking the garden great light & large windows!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The setting of this hotel was fantastic in the hills overlooking Florence. The room was a good size with luxurious furniture apart from the bed which I thought was not grand enough for its surroundings, yet it was comfy. The en-suite had a shower but no bath, the sanitary ware was of a high standard. The evening meal menu was limited and I was rather disappointed to find out there were no olives for the ham and olive pizza I ordered, especially as I the hotel is surrounded by olive tree orchards. I ended up opting for the pasta which was very nice. Breakfast was bog-standard however the gardens in which breakfast was served were beautiful with views of the surrounding hills. Likewise, the swimming-pool area was to die for overlooking the nearby monastery and Florence in the further distance. The pool was very clean and a good size for a small hotel. The flowers and other foliage surrounding the pool area made this area very relaxing and we ended both days by watching the sunset from the gardens. The courtyard and entrance area to the hotel made it very picturesque and we ate our meal there on our first evening. I paid extra and booked a room with a terrace but we did not actually get much use out of it. The walls of the terrace were too high and spoilt the view and there was no privacy between our terrace and that of the terrace next door. I think the most expensive room has a large private terrace with good views which I would recommend booking if you have cash to splash.

The hotel is on a hilltop which gives it a very isolated and private vibe however a ten minute walk down the hill takes you to a bus stop where buses go by to Florence every 15 minutes, taking around 20 minutes to get to the city centre. By the bus stop there was a restaurant with an outside terrace which looked to have a good atmosphere although we did not try it out.

Overall, we found this hotel very private and romantic with beautiful surroundings however the room was let down by the terrace, lack of a bath and bed. Even said, I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: Go for the most expensive room to fully enjoy the surroundings with privacy
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sopot, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

we stayed here for 4 days and found it to be a treat to one`s imagination;warm and concerned service,opulent breakfast,wonderful park and swimming-pool,spectacular view,the ideal stop-over for travelers

Room Tip: top room in the tower
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to I Parigi? Share your experiences!