“Breakfast bar” 4 of 5 stars

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1,008 reviews 1,008 reviews
“Breakfast bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Brown Sugar is part of the San Firenze Spa and open for food all day however we sampled the their excellent breakfast. All fresh as the morning croissants cappuccino freshly squeezed Orange juice York ham mortadella and local cheese, top drawer!

Visited February 2013

85% Recommend
  • Polish first
“They don't do DINNER??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Am confused after having just visited Brown Sugar, because they do not do food. I read all the good reviews of this place and the nice food they do but the only thing on offer was booze. If you want dinner, this is not the place to visit. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice place with lovely staff, and i did stay and have 2 beers, but if you're hungry, go to the Chinese restaurant next door, it's pretty good.

New York
“Worth Finding - Absolutely Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We visited this restaurant over the summer with 2 kids in tow. The people were lovely, the food was fantastic and the service was stellar. I'd highly recommend if you are looking for something a little more upscale.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Greece
“Modern and upscale restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very nice restaurant in a modern, sophisticated and upscale setting that stands out from the typical italian restaurants you may find in the center of Florence.
After travelling in Italy for two weeks, we wanted a break from the typical italian food so, apart from the delicious appetizers, I had a burger and my wife had the seabass which were both very well cooked with quality ingredients and nicely presented. The wine list is adequate with an interesting selection of mainly italian wines If I remember well.
The staff was friendly but professional with good knowledge of the menu.
It is not recommended for budget travellers as it is a bit on the pricey side.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The best meal of our holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We visited Brown Sugar on the last full day of our trip, it was by far the best restaurant we had eaten in all week.

My boyfriend and I both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The portions were large, I didn't have an appetizer but did order a first and second plate which I regreted, I was so full after my first plate (calamari linguine) that I couldn't manage my second plate (nicoise salad). My boyfriend ordered a rice dish as his first plate, a burger for his second plate and cheesecake for dessert. He enjoyed all three courses and left feeling incredibly full.

The staff were friendly as you'd expect to find in Italy. This restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and we will definitely return on our next trip to Florence.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere