“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,967 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Winery, Sandwiches, cuisine.name.191
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Exclusive and typical store where you can try the best products from Tuscany (Cheese, cold cuts and wine).Open every days 10:30 A.M./ 8:00 P.M.
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Late afternoon today, after a day of sightseeing through Florence, my boyfriend and I wanted to unwind by sharing bottle of wine in a relaxing and traditional Atmosphere. After reading a few reviews on tripadvisor we decided to visit il bufalo trippone. Almost walking pass it (as it's a tiny "hole in the wall" shop") we were a little skeptical upon entering. There was absolutely no reason to be!! The interior is beautifully designed with salami hanging from the roof, plentiful wines, a display cabinet of cold cuts meats and cheeses amd a shelf
Of traditonal italian herbs etc to buy. We were unsure what wine to drink, as there is an impressive display of wine all belonging to the Tuscany region, so the owners father
Who was in charge today, allowed us to sample a few. we shared a bottle of this areas chianti, for a very affordable
Price, and although not having planned to eat, shared a plate of the regional cold cut meats- fennel salami, hot salami, wild bore salami, about 4 or 5 different hams (all delicious) with traditional bread. To top it off, we were given a mini Italian lesson, discussed the areas of Italy to visit and received much insight into the Italian culture. We did come at a quiet time, which may be the reason for the personalised service. Nevertheless I highly reccomend to visit here for a glass/bottle of wine and a shared plate of meats and cheese!

• Visited December 2013

Nicosia, Cyprus
“great panini!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Suggested by a local, I went there for a panino. I let the owner choose for me and he did a good one. He was trying to explain me an ingredient but after a few minutes in google we found it. Very friendly atmosphere :)

• Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great lunch stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here twice during our stay in Florence. The first lunch was sandwiches prepared by the son, second lunch was the meet and cheese plate prepared by the father (owner). The food is cut to order, and you can eat on little benches in the shop and ask questions about what you are eating!! It is nice to try local specialities and be able to ask questions and learn about the products! I would recommend if you do not want a big, fancy lunch. The food was fresh, good and the conversation was great!

Visited November 2013
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Fun lunch with sandwiches reccomended by the owner. Fresh meat, cheese and crusty bread. The owner was chatty and welcoming.

“Oasis from Tourists Stops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I found this place via Trip Advisor (love it). The little place did not disappoint. The fellow who was working was so genuine and kind. My husband had a salami sandwich and I had fresh bread with cheese and olive oil. It sounds simple but with the freshness and the wonderful chianti, it was so delicious. We bought some of the olive oil to bring home with us. It was like nothing I've tasted in the states. You really should stop in and visit this place. A side note, the bathroom was absolutely spotless.

• Visited October 2013