“Letdown” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Maso Finiguerra 12r, 50123 Florence, Italy (Formerly Primavera Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 30%
Ranked #183 of 461 Hotels in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“Letdown”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Arr late was told I would be given d key for my rm later, this never happened ,for security reasons I didn't feel at all at ease with the situation asked to speak to the manager and 3 members of the staff said he would be on duty the following day which was another lie...having not slept all nt considering I had been traveling all day I decided to look for another accomodation rephnoned hotel was offered a box rm !gave a no to be contacted by the manager still till today after 4 days he seems to be trying to avoid the issue which doesnt say much for a hotel belonging to a big chain of which I have been a loyal member for many years .This is definitely not a 4 star hotel, outside very deceptive, porter wearing jeans and trainers and no one seems to take accountability for what happened In situations like this it is better to tell the truth find the customer another hotel and apologies ;thanks for trying to ruin my trip....shame on you !

Room Tip: No clue the one I was given had its fair share of problems
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear csant,

after receiving your review, I would like to clarify some aspects of what actually happened during your short stay.

Upon your arrival we realized that the key of the room that had been assigned to you was missing; that's why we solved the inconvenience by having the door of your room opened with a passpartout by our porter each time you needed it. Once in your room you could have locked the room from the inside and be completely safe.

The following day we would have changed your room because this change could not be made on the spot since the night of your arrival we were fully booked

We find this a regular procedure in such exceptional cases and we don't find anything scandalous about it.

This said, we would like to point out your uncivil and totally unacceptabble reaction towards all our personnel .
You have heavily offended and threatened the girl at the reception and the night porters with words that cannot be repeated in this social network: the normal procedure would have been to call the police because of your greatly aggressive behaviour (screaming, yelling, offending everyone....).

In all these years of hotellerie I had never experienced such an unspeakable attitude: that's the reason why I have not contacted you.

Regards,

Best Western Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Well, to be honest the main problem was the room, for me it's unacceptable for any medium class hotel to have rooms side by side with the street and without any kind of noise isolation.

We arrived a bit early (11:30 am) and the recepcionist told us that room only will be ready in 2 hours, it's ok, we leave the baggage and we returned later. When we returned she give us the room key, and for our surprise in ground floor, sharing main entrance with hotel staff, it was a bit annoying, but acceptable. Unacceptable was the noise produced by the street, cars, bikes, people walking, talking, we can hear all, and it was impossible to sleep.

Room Tip: Forget ground floor rooms due street noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear pauloamgomes,

I'm really sorry that you didn't like the room that has been assigned to you, anyway in this situations the front desk staff is always available to consider a change of room...I hope you have reported them about this inconvenience.

I would also like to reinsure you about our rooms features: they all have separated access from the reception and are sound proofed.

Best regards,

Apple Valley, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed June 1th 2013 for 3 nights, all staff specially Chiara were very helpfull and knowledgeable of the area, she gave us 3 restaurant suggestions and hit right in each and every one were awesome , We were able to borrow a converter, the room was kept clean, very spacious considering there were 3 of us and Italy stay its similar to hotel space in NY. I would totally recomend it as its a closed walk to every thing, that its if you are not lazy :) .. It was easy to get to from the train station with luggage, Breakfast included was a plus and everything was delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Judith C,

thank you for sharing your positive impressions regarding our breakfast, room cleanliness and staff and for recommending us to everyone.

I will extend to Chiara your nice praises about her.

If one day you will return to Florence, we will wait for you here at Palazzo Ognissanti!

Warm regards,

Richfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Absolutley fabulous. perfect loction, staff very freindly and english speaking.. impeccablely clean and well appointed. fabulous breakfast served each morining with tons of fresh meat, bread nd pastries. a must stay, great value for the money perfectly located near the pnte vecchio bridge ana=d the train station

Room Tip: fabulous.... nice sized rooms. although no dresser for clothing, just a closet to hang items
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Debbi587,

it was really nice to receive your kind review about us.

I thank you very much for all the praises you reserved to our breakfast, rooms and staff and hope you will come back here at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ognissanti hotel is very expensive Euros 171 including taxes...very poor rooms at the most 2 stars. The room floor tiles are outdoor type.
The bed is not comfortable.
The room was very hot when we arrived and we could not turn on the AC finally someone arrived when called and explained that we AC is set to 25C and could not be lower.
the electric panel cove was falling off the wall....the wall paint flat white and not too clean.
the room was tiny, the safe was not working we where offered to use the safe at the reception.
Stay away there is much better place to stay.

Room Tip: Best Western Hotels in Italy are generally a good choice I stayed with best western in Verona, Flore...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Worldtrotter2009,

it seems you didn't like us so much.......

I'm sorry if you had some inconveniences with the A/C and the safety box in your room, that are now completely solved.

I'm sure that our reception staff (trained to help our guests for all their needs) have offered you the chanche of changing the room since you told them about those problems : I'm afraid you have decided not to make the shift .

As per the other things, I just can state the obvious: Bw Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti is definetely a Four Stars Hotel recognized by law and by Best Western which every year carries out a severe Quality Assesment Report on each Hotel member.

About the price, our daily rates are completely within the average of the prices made by 4 Stars Hotels in the centre of Florence.

I wish you a good day.

Best regards,

Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel has a lot of character from the outside, it fits in with the surrounding historical area. Bare in mind that our first choice hotel was the Best Western over the road which was the Grand Hotel Adriatico, unfortunately that was not available on all the days we wanted to stay so we had to opt for the lower rated Palazzo Ognissanti. The Grand Hotel Adriatico was much more modern from the outside so had less character, but we did visit the Adriatico and the interior was much better and you could see that it was probably a better quality hotel than the Ognissanti. However the Ognissanti has a much more relaxed, less business like feel to it. The staff are very friendly and relaxed (less formal than the Adriatico staff). There are certain elements about the hotel that are 5 star and certain elements that are a let down. The front desk staff I would say are a 5 star, the cleaning staff are a 5 star, they really do a thorough job with the cleaning. The rooms however are unique but not as high quality as we expected for the price. They do have modern furnishings but the space in the room and the quality of the fittings are not good quality for the price we paid. The safe didn't work and actually locked my stuff in it, luckily there was a key, then there was something in the shower that was marked out of order, then the air conditioning I couldn't really understand. Maybe the quality of Florence accommodation is maybe not the grade of other towns in Italy because of the historical element or maybe the quality that we are used to from other countries. The rooms were cool though because there were appropriately tiled floors throughout the hotel and the shutters on the windows were welcome for blocking out the light and also the constant noise from traffic (people like hooting their horns and there is lots of noisy mopeds driving by. The breakfast has got to be the worst aspect of the hotel though. The staff seemed either understaffed (they spent most of their time in the kitchen doing something), tired, lacking training or lacking motivation and the food wasn't exactly too appealing either. There were some mornings where we weren't even asked if we wanted tea and some mornings where we weren't even acknowledged at all. My opinion, if you want a relaxing holiday hotel with friendly reception staff, then the Ognissanti is the right place, if you want a professional business hotel then I'd probably try and stay at the Adriatico next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi Syio,

It was a pleasure for me to receive your nice comment regarding our structure on Tripadvisor
Wow: we got 5 stars!!! 5 Stars rating for our cleaning and reception staff is a great praise and of course I'm really proud of it.....I'm particularly glad that we succeed in getting this kind of "relaxed and informal" atmosphere across our guests, because this is exactly what we try to do with our daily work.

I'm sorry you if had a different feeling about the breakfast since this is usually one of the best aspects of our service (as you can understand by reading the other reviews): our items are fresh, high quality and varied and the service is normally friendly and polite.

With my warmest regards,

Best Western hotel Palazzo Ognissanti
Rosewell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel was well-placed, within comfortable walking distance of the airport bus and the city centre. The room was well-sized, clean, well-decorated although lighting was a bit minimalist. The bed was perfectly comfortable and the air-conditioning worked perfectly (although a bit noisy).
The breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of cereals, fruit, croissants, pastries, rustic bread, cheeses (fresh mozarella), hams,salamis and hot scrambled egg and bacon. In the afternoon there was self-service tea and coffee with the left-over croissants and at 1830h. there was "Happy hour" with half-price drinks and a variety of crostini and other nibbles. The staff were exceptionally helpful and on the last day I found a large business area in the basement, where with help, I printed out our boarding passes.
There are endless restaurants and trattorias around and about. Turning left and across the road is "Il Profeta", which was excellent but very expensive (€130 for two). Turn right and you come across Pizzeria Maso and for half that price you can have a very good meal. On each occasion we had a bottle of wine, and a good rule-of-thumb is that a bottle of Chianti Classico (with the black cock on the neck) should be no more than €14-18.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Gavin B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor community: you have really pleased us by writing this comment!

There are no doubts that the high quality of the breakfast and our welcoming and helpful staff are two of our strong point, and I appreciate that you have decided to emphasize these aspects.

But what pleases me more in your review is the highlight you put on the "Happy Hour" and the "Tea / Coffee / Pastries" service left at the bar for our guests because these are two recent services that are gaining a rising approval .

I wish you can suggest Best Western Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti to all of your friends!

My warmest regards,

Best Western Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti

Been to BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel? Share your experiences!