“Good location, impressive entrance only let down by inefficient reception staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Maso Finiguerra 12r, 50123 Florence, Italy (Formerly Primavera Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 30%
Ranked #183 of 461 Hotels in Florence
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel itself was perfect for us and we often use Best Western on our travels.
Big problem with booking my visit to Academy Gallery- I had booked on line thru pocket guide who informed me they would send link by email or fax to hotel. For the next 2days I presented myself to reception who told me nothing had arrived... on the actual day of excursion (also last day in Florence) I was really upset as again on phoning down was told there was no news - meanwhile I had been emailing travel company who put me in touch directly to their agent. On checking my inbox for that morning I found a letter from them informing me they HAD sent link half an hour after making booking 2days previously!!
I naturally was extremely angry when I spoke to the very red-faced receptionist who on checking again found it straight away - but blaming colleagues of course. I have run reception in hotels in London & Amsterdam and know fine well that they should be working as a team. This unfortunate incident really did spoil my stay which is a shame as in every other aspect it was perfect.

• Stayed February 2013
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Caminix,

first of all I would like to thank you for the review.

A circumstance like the one you report is very unusual in our hotel since all of our frront desk clerks are very careful and take in great consideration our guests' needs: anyway it's clear we've made an error and therefore I strongly apologize to you for the inconvenience happened due to our mistake.

I'm glad that at the end you were able to make your excusrsion anyway.

Best Western Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is perfect for the short stay tourist visiting Firenze. It is situated just off the Arno river close to the Teatro Communale, about 10 minutes walk from the Pone Vecchio ( a lovely walk too). A small series of roads cuts through to the main station Santa Maria Novella so you can walk to the hotel from there - don't take a taxi as I did. They go all over the place and it is €10 down the drain). Thanks to my amazing booking engine I got a nice room with breakfast for just €72 per night ($96 inc tax).

The room was clean and light. Perhaps a bit more space for clothes would have been good. The shower needed de-scaling and I like a complimentary box of tissues in the bathroom (there were just 2 in a presentation box). The breakfast was comprehensive and the cappuccino and cafe macchiata were excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear beaucart,

nothing better than receiving such review: thank you very much for the praises to our breakfast service and to the room cleanliness.

I hope to see you in hotel in the near future again.

Island of Malta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights over new year and was pleasantly surprised for the price we paid. It has a great location as it is walking distance from train station and from city centre so we never used taxis. The staff is very helpfull, especailly the lady with long hair at reception and the rooms are clean and new bathrooms in the room we had.
Unlike other reviewers we did not hear the airconditioning noise, I guess this must have been fixed.
Breakfast was also very good and they also had aperitivo served in the evening.
All in all very good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Deear karewar,

I'm glad you spent a Happy New Year with us at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti; let me thank you for the good review, also in the name of the long haired girl at the front desk you mentioned whose name is Francesca.

It's nice you decided to highlight the good quality of our breakfast and the "Happy Hour" that we set up every night from 6.30 to 10.30 p.m.and that our guests are appreciating a lot.

I wish you can come back soon in the future.

My warmest regards!

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in triple room. The hotel was clean but stayed in cot bed which was ok but would have preferred a proper bed for 3 night stay.

The breakfast was ok, there was plenty of choice but still limited in some ways. The staff at breakfast were ok, not overly friendly but not impolite either. The person who appeared to be breakfast Manager I felt could be more personable, he offered no eye contact. There was a problem with the toaster and it was not working and it was a bit of a fluster for them to just simply take to kitchen and toast for me.

The location is good as it is approx 10 minutes walk into main town if you turn left. If you turn right towards the station the area is not very nice at all and unsavoury locals are hanging around outside the grocery shops sometimes shouting at night.

I'm not sure this really can be considered a 4 star hotel as every other 4 star i've stayed in the concierge wouldn't have made me carry an ironing board and ladder to my room on my own.

The reception staff were nice and helpful that is always a plus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear tillerbar,

thank you for the review left and for the kind compliments to the staff.

I apologize to you for the little inconvenience reported in the breakfast room; as per regards to the ironing board , there must have been some kind of misunderstanding, since each member of our personnel is perfectly instructed to bring any kind of item requested by the guests directly to their rooms.

Best Western Hotel Palazzo ognissanti
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was in Florence for a few days, and loved this hotel. The hotel is centrally located so you can walk everywhere. The front desk was very helpful, and the breakfast was delicious.

The hotel has some great information on tours. The best tour I took was the wine tour. I believe it was Chianti Classico.

Room Tip: You would be best served to take a taxi from the Florence train station if you have luggage. The hot...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Italy2017,

thank you so much for having posted this nice comment on Tripadvisor , particularly for the compliments addressed to our staff and to the breakfast.

Warm regards,

Best Western Hotel Palzzzo Ognissanti
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Best Western Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel in Florence many times in the past few yeas. I must say that even though I am now a "freqeuent" guest, my opinion of the Hotel and the staff has not changed from the time I first stayed in Florence.
The front desk is always accomodating and helpful, and the small changes that have been made to make everyones stay more pleasant have been welcome, but not needed enhancements.
The rooms are small for an American's standards, but certainly large enough for 2 people and not too dissimilar from other rooms in Italian cities.
If you are looking for a friendly staff environmnet without the hassle of the large hotels, this is the place to stay in Florence whether this is a return visit to Florence or your first trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much gaweba; your review is one of the nicest we have ever received .

It is very important for us, since it shows that the efforts we have made over the years to improve our efficiency and the hotel overall quality have been successful.

As you properly noticed, in 2012 we have made several changes to our services by improving our Breakfast (which now presents, amongst the other things, eggs, bacon, sausages, a large assortment of Tuscan salami and cheeses, muffins, hand-made cakes and fresh high quality pastries).

For those clients who make an early check-in or late check-out, we offer at our bar some of the above breakfast items (tea, coffee and pastries), and every night from 6.30 to 22.30 we prepare an aperitif.

Free internet access is provided in the whole hotel.

I hope to see you in our hotel soon, gaweba: you will always be welcome here!

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked a triple room for three adults, the third person had to sleep in a foldout single bed. The room is too small to accommodate more than two persons. There is nowhere to put more than one luggage.
If you can get over the size of the room (imagine it is a cruise ship and you are in a state cabin) the rest of the hotel is enjoyable. The location is good, near the train station, nice restaurants, walking distance to downtown attractions.
The front desk staff are friendly and helpful in every aspect, even when you complain about the size of the room.
The buffet breakfast is excellent, offering you some of Firenze's nicest pastries.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear maniwaki,

first of all let me thank you for praising the qualities of our friendly staff, which has always been one of the excellences of our hotel, and for emphazising the pastries of the breakfast buffet: actually our pastry caterer is one of the best known in Florence.

Regarding the largery of the rooms, I have no problems in admitting that our rooms are not proper "mansions", but they totally comply to the law abiding requirements.

My warmest regards,

Best Western Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti

Been to BEST WESTERN Palazzo Ognissanti Hotel? Share your experiences!