“Can't Say Enough” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Barcelona
“Can't Say Enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We cannot say enough good things about Antica Torre. My wife and I stayed at this lovely hotel last April. Upon checking in, our bags disappeared and were in our room before we signed the register. A member of the staff then took us on a tour of the may amenities offered at Antica Torre. We were shown two rooftop terraces overlooking both Il Duomo and central Florence and on the other side, the River Arno and Ponte Vecchio. A guest can sit comfortably to view the panorama while enjoying a favorite drink and snack offered at the nearby honor bar.

Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated with a window view of Il Duomo. Breakfast offered an endless variety of fresh food, fruits and beverages. When the chef added a new dish, we were honored to be asked for a critique (always A+). Dinner recommendations and reservations were cheerfully given by the friendly and professional staff.

Our memorable visit to Florence was enhanced with our stay at Antica Torre.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Albert H,
what a pleasure to read your wonderful message!
We are absolutely glad you appreciated every single point of your stay at the Antica torre Tornabuoni, it's such a pleasure to satisfy our guests and much more we will do our best to get your return in Florence even more memorable!
Please contact me for everything you may need.

Maria Rita Bellini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Pros:
- Excellent location. There is simply no topping it. 2 min to Ponte Vecchio and all the other major tourist sites. Surrounded by luxurious boutiques. Good restaurants in the area.
- Indoor and outdoor sitting area in one of the towers with breathtaking views of the Duomo. Tea is free. I just wished we had time to utilize the space more.
- Comfortable rooms with tasteful decor. Everything functioned well. In fact, I can't think of a single thing that I would like to have changed.
- Great breakfast area with outstanding city view. Breakfast spread is wonderful from warm food, pastries, yogurt, fruit, etc.

Cons:
- While the employees are cordial and efficient, I will say that the hotel is a bit undermanned for this price range, and thus the front desk's demeanor is a bit brusque. Be prepared to carry your own luggage, don't expect high quality concierge service and you'll be much happier.
- No front desk service after 10pm. Would be tragic if you forgot to grab your keys, etc.
- My husband wanted to enjoy the beautiful views from the terrace at breakfast, but was harassed by pigeons. He joined the rest of us indoors for the remainder of our stay. The breakfast servers could also be a bit on the slow side, they seem to be undermanned as well.
- The same trombone player played in the piazza below our room every evening. We found the performance quaint and romantic the first night. Unfortunately the guy had an extremely small repertoire consisting of "Godfather" theme song and "Danny Boy", so by the third night, we felt tired and impatient...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Aquavanguard,
thanks a lot for posting your comment on Tripadvisor.
I appreciate the analysis of pro and cons you made and I'm happy that at the very end the valuation is excellent; at the same time I'll take the opportunity to give more information to all the Tripadvisor's users; infact Reception closed at 10.00pm but we have a night porter available for emergencies so don't worry: you could forget the key without any tragic situation because our porter will be happy to open you the front door!
I hope to welcome you in a next future and please feel free to contact me directly.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this wonderful little hotel for 3 nights in July 2014 - had high hopes based on the tripadvisor reviews and photos we had seen, and this place exceeded our expectations. The staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly, and a special thanks to Lorenzo the barman for his great G&T's. The views from the 2 rooftop terraces are second to none - both of the city and the beautiful Duomo, as well as the Arno River - perfect place to relax and watch the sun set over Florence. We could even see the Duomo from our bedroom window. The breakfasts included in the room rate were absolutely DELICIOUS! Thank you all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RandWjhb,
I should thank you for the kind comment posted on Tripadvisor.
I'm extremely happy to see that the Antica Torre Tornabuoni exceeded your expectation and I believe that your opinion will help many other travellers.
I'll invite Lorenzo to read your message and I can say he will be enthusiastic.
Please contact us directly everything you may need.
Warmest Regards,

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am an international author and my wife and I return to Italy every year. Firenze is of course breathtaking to visit and the Tuscan surroundings. And I know of no better hotel for location, classic classic interior and amazing staff and, and, and….Trust me, this hotel is a wonder and romantic. Here is the url to see my full review on this hotel and Florence

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Noah b,
I cannot say thanks enough for the wonderful comment you left on Tripadvisor and much more for what you publish on your web page.
I'm grateful, from the bottom of my heart for your words: grazie.
As you come to Italy every year I wish we can welcome you again on the next so, please contact me directly in order to assure the best available service.
Grazie,

Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This small hotel near the Arno was recommended by a friend and did not disappoint. The location is excellent, the rooms comfortable and spacious and the service superior. Martina at the front desk could not have been more helpful to the five of us. She made excellent dinner reservations and was always willing to help. The views from the terraces are the best in Florence. A great morning breakfast with a wonderful staff. We highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear OhioBuckeye1215,
thnaks for sharing your experience about the Antica torre Tornabuoni on Tripadvisor.
I'll thank personally all the staff and obviosly I'll congratulate Martina which took a good care of you!
I wish you can come back in Florence soon and I invite to reserve directly in order to have our warmest welcome.

Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed the first night of our honeymoon on 20/06/2014 here. It is the most wonderful hotel. The staff are second to none. We were taken to be shown our room and the roof top terraces personally by Maria. We were simply stunned by our room having its own terrace and a complimentary bottle of a Prosecco waiting for us to celebrate our nuptials. I nearly cried when I saw this!

The views from their terraces are simply superb! The staff were so kind, friendly and very professional. We would certainly return here if we are lucky enough to visit Florence again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear pennyal,
Thanks you for choosing the Antica torre Tornabuoni for your honeymoon.
We are glad to offer a bottle of champagne for such a great celebration and we will be happy to offer a special teratment if you'll decide to spend your first anniversary with us.
Please feel free to contact me anytime directly.

Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Antica Torre di Tornabuoni is situated at one of the best spots in old Florence. Overlooking the Arno River, near the main attractions such as the Uffizzi, and in front of the main Ferragamo store at the fashion street, this former nobility estate turned into a boutique hotel gives you all the comfort and the convenient access to enjoy Florence. The room is spacious and the view over the river is pleasant and soothing. The staff is very attentive and the concierge gives you a knowledgeable advice on restaurants and places to visit. Some excellent restaurants are situated at a walking distance from the hotel and you can hardly get lost in town having the river Arno as reference point. By its location, comfort and classical atmosphere, this hotel is an excellent center for exploring all the marvelous attractions of Florence.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Edmundo F,
thank a lot for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us.
I'm extremely glad you appreciate the location, as well the staff courtesy and the room style so we invite to return and visit us on your next visit of Italy.
I recommend to book directly in order to offer the best available service.
Kind Regards,