Our family stayed here in March '13 for three nights. We all loved it. The rooms were beautiful and the "library" room particularly well sized. Our rooms were clearly very recently renovated/decorated and were very tastefully done. The bathrooms were nice and modern and functional (which isnt always the case in europe).
The rooftop restaurant offered spectacular views of Florence - made you want to sit there all day. The breakfasts were great with extensive offerings.
The location was also great. You are very close to pretty much anywhere you want to be in Florence but also not in the middle of heavily touristy areas.
It should be noted that this isn't what i'd call a traditional hotel. There isnt a real lobby area and i don't think there is room service etc. Of course there is housekeeping and the front desk staff are very helpful with arrangements etc. I only point this out in case you want a "typical" hotel situation. We didnt feel like we missed out on anything - and we are used to nicer hotels (eg Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton)
We would absolutely stay at this hotel again. We look forward to it.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antica Torre di Via de' Tornabuoni 1 in Florence is a stunning Historical Residence, centrally located in the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. The Residence is a Medieval Tower dating from the thirteenth century in elegant Via Tornabuoni, synonymous with the most prestigious brands of Florence. Most of the rooms have a wonderful and exclusive view of the city, the Arno River or of Via Tornabuoni with Santa Trinità square and bridge.All the rooms come fully equipped with all the creature comforts expected of a luxury establishment, including plasma television with Sat-TV, DVD player and free DVD library for our guests, complimentary wireless connection, telephone with direct phone lines, mini-bar, elettronic safe, air conditioning, heating, private bathroom with bath or shower and hair-dryer, slippers.On the rooftop terrace, a Mediterranean and American breakfast is served every morning on a rich buffet served with Richard Ginori porcelains, accompanied by hot beverages and fresh fruit juices. This is all framed by a unique and breathtaking panoramic view of Florence and the surrounding hills, that will contribute to start your day in the most pleasant way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.