If you want to eat breakfast with a view of one of the iconic scenes in the world, stay here. The roof top terrace has 2 sides, one overlooking the arno and 1 overlooking the duomo. We were stuck as to which view we wanted most, both were fantastic.
The view isn't the only plus of this hotel though. The staff are fantastic. Helpful doesn't even begin to explain their service. They had sorted a great restaurant for our first night and also gave us directions to a trattoria away from the tourists for lunch the next day.
You get the best of both worlds here. It's close the the Florence tourist sights but also you can walk across the bridge over the river to get away from the tourist traps and eat like a local.
Our room was spacious with a bath and a separate shower. Big tv too if that's your thing.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antica Torre di Via de' Tornabuoni 1 in Florence is a stunning Historical Residence, centrally located in the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. The Residence is a Medieval Tower dating from the thirteenth century in elegant Via Tornabuoni, synonymous with the most prestigious brands of Florence. Most of the rooms have a wonderful and exclusive view of the city, the Arno River or of Via Tornabuoni with Santa Trinità square and bridge.All the rooms come fully equipped with all the creature comforts expected of a luxury establishment, including plasma television with Sat-TV, DVD player and free DVD library for our guests, complimentary wireless connection, telephone with direct phone lines, mini-bar, elettronic safe, air conditioning, heating, private bathroom with bath or shower and hair-dryer, slippers.On the rooftop terrace, a Mediterranean and American breakfast is served every morning on a rich buffet served with Richard Ginori porcelains, accompanied by hot beverages and fresh fruit juices. This is all framed by a unique and breathtaking panoramic view of Florence and the surrounding hills, that will contribute to start your day in the most pleasant way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.