My family, including 2 children (ages 12 and 8), stayed in the Panoramic Suite at this lovely hotel. We came from staying in a suite at the Intercontinental Paris Le Grand and this hotel did not disappoint!
As many reviews mention, the location can not be beat. Our lovely room was spacious, with a private terrace overlooking the Arno.
The rooftop terrace and restaurant is the place to be in Florence. The view from this terrace is spectacular, and the complementary breakfast is good. We were lucky to be in town for a fireworks show and the guests all gathered on the roof top balcony for the best seats in town.
But, a hotel is only as good as its staff, and in this area, this hotel is peerless. We didn't plan ahead and found that the horseback riding excursions (outside tour company) in Tuscany were sold out. The front desk began making calls in the morning, and found a driver who took us to a private ranch where we enjoyed a day of horseback riding. The driver also took us to a restaurant that had probably the best view in Tuscany.
The staff, especially the restaurant staff, made us feel like family. Always trying to do something special, and my children fell in love with them. Latiffa and others gave our children a special gift during our last breakfast before check out. My kids were almost in tears because they were so sad about leaving. ### To Latiffa, Madison and Austin say "hello" and they miss you ###
We continue to recommended this hotel to our friends and to anyone considering an amazing hotel (and staff) in Florence.
This hotel is a destination in itself.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antica Torre di Via de' Tornabuoni 1 in Florence is a stunning Historical Residence, centrally located in the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. The Residence is a Medieval Tower dating from the thirteenth century in elegant Via Tornabuoni, synonymous with the most prestigious brands of Florence. Most of the rooms have a wonderful and exclusive view of the city, the Arno River or of Via Tornabuoni with Santa Trinità square and bridge.All the rooms come fully equipped with all the creature comforts expected of a luxury establishment, including plasma television with Sat-TV, DVD player and free DVD library for our guests, complimentary wireless connection, telephone with direct phone lines, mini-bar, elettronic safe, air conditioning, heating, private bathroom with bath or shower and hair-dryer, slippers.On the rooftop terrace, a Mediterranean and American breakfast is served every morning on a rich buffet served with Richard Ginori porcelains, accompanied by hot beverages and fresh fruit juices. This is all framed by a unique and breathtaking panoramic view of Florence and the surrounding hills, that will contribute to start your day in the most pleasant way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.