If you visit Florence this is the only place to stay. It comprises the top 4 floors of an old Florentine tower just downstream from the Ponte Vecchio.
The views from the two rooftop terraces are unrivalled and on a balmy moonlight night with a glass of very decent wine from the honour bar and my wife by my side I was in seventh heaven.
The staff are nothing less than wonderful, they even went to the trouble of DHLing my favourite old straw hat, inadvertently left in our room. Don't think hotel, think comfortable town house where you are a welcome guest, I can't wait for my next visit. They do only serve breakfast but quite honestly with so many top quality places to eat within a very short walk you wouldn't be dining in anyway.
One small warning, the hotel is right on the top fashion street in Florence, Ferragamo is opposite for example, so hide your wife's credit cards!!
- Also Known As:
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antica Torre di Via de' Tornabuoni 1 in Florence is a stunning Historical Residence, centrally located in the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. The Residence is a Medieval Tower dating from the thirteenth century in elegant Via Tornabuoni, synonymous with the most prestigious brands of Florence. Most of the rooms have a wonderful and exclusive view of the city, the Arno River or of Via Tornabuoni with Santa Trinità square and bridge.All the rooms come fully equipped with all the creature comforts expected of a luxury establishment, including plasma television with Sat-TV, DVD player and free DVD library for our guests, complimentary wireless connection, telephone with direct phone lines, mini-bar, elettronic safe, air conditioning, heating, private bathroom with bath or shower and hair-dryer, slippers.On the rooftop terrace, a Mediterranean and American breakfast is served every morning on a rich buffet served with Richard Ginori porcelains, accompanied by hot beverages and fresh fruit juices. This is all framed by a unique and breathtaking panoramic view of Florence and the surrounding hills, that will contribute to start your day in the most pleasant way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.