After trying different hotels on several visits to our favorite city of Florence, we finally found the perfect accommodations – the Antica Torre hotel. Its rooftop breakfast room and bar with two outdoor seating areas offer one of the best views of the city, and the hotel has the most gracious and helpful staff we’ve ever encountered. Some of the finest hotels in our home town of NYC could learn the art from them. The rooms are lovely and spacious and the location in Piazza Santa Trinita is perfect for walking everywhere and dining out. Our nine-night stay was worth every euro. We go to Florence every two years and cannot wait to come back to this hotel, our “home” in Florence from now on!
- Also Known As:
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- n the heart of Florence, in a prestigious 13th century building, you will find the Historical Tower "Antica Torre di via Tornabuoni n° 1. The historic building, which belonged to the Gianfigliazzi family until the end of the 18th century, hosted numerous important historical figures. At the beginning of the 20th century, the palace was transformed into a "Piccioli Guesthouse", quickly becoming a favorite residence of the English aristocrats and literati that loved the atmosphere of Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance and the Sweet New Style, with its churches, works of art and unique cultural climate. After the Great War, the Piccioli Guesthouse was closed, but reopened in 2001 under the name "Antica Torre". Thanks to careful restoration work which preserved and brought back to life all of the buildings original appeal, the Via Tornabuoni palace acquired life and warmth once again. The magnificent complex is considered one of the historic "tower houses" of Medieval Florence, and it preserves to this day the original architectural characteristics. It is an admirable example of how man is capable of taking buildings which were once devised for the purposes of war into oasis of peace, culture and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.