This hotel has three outstanding features: Great location--right on the elegant shopping street, Tornabuoni just steps from the scenic Arno. Most of the main attractions of Florence are in walking distance.
The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful--most speaking English (indeed very few are even Italian!).
The rooftop terrace gives a stunning view of Florence.
An excellent buffet breakfast is served in the rooftop dining room. The view stretches over the red-tiled roofs of Florence towards the Duomo--the main cathedral. The hotel operates a trust system at the rooftop bar (when it is unmanned) so you can have a drink or complimentary tea or coffee anytime. From another part of the rooftop there is a panoramic view of the Arno.
This is one of Florence's top hotels and the prices in high season reflect that--but out of season, it's more affordable.
As the name suggests, the hotel is an old tower, extensively restored (but still with the slowest elevator in the world!).
Our rooms have always been attractive though somewhat on the small side. However the hotel brochure shows some elegant, spacious bedrooms with four-poster beds. Some even have private balconies.
The windows are double-glazed so city sound doesn't interfere. Wifi works pretty well, including on the roof terrace--and there is no extra charge (unlike at some Florence hotels).
Parking is off site and extra.
They had a bellhop for the bags. The beds are turned down at night with slippers left by your bedside.
The front desk will book restaurants for you.
The first time we arrived we had a hard time FINDING the front desk. You enter through an impressive doorway to an empty hall. Go to the end, turn right and the Front Desk is there on your left.
Try to get breakfast included in the price of your room. Otherwise it's rather expensive.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antica Torre di Via de' Tornabuoni 1 in Florence is a stunning Historical Residence, centrally located in the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. The Residence is a Medieval Tower dating from the thirteenth century in elegant Via Tornabuoni, synonymous with the most prestigious brands of Florence. Most of the rooms have a wonderful and exclusive view of the city, the Arno River or of Via Tornabuoni with Santa Trinità square and bridge.All the rooms come fully equipped with all the creature comforts expected of a luxury establishment, including plasma television with Sat-TV, DVD player and free DVD library for our guests, complimentary wireless connection, telephone with direct phone lines, mini-bar, elettronic safe, air conditioning, heating, private bathroom with bath or shower and hair-dryer, slippers.On the rooftop terrace, a Mediterranean and American breakfast is served every morning on a rich buffet served with Richard Ginori porcelains, accompanied by hot beverages and fresh fruit juices. This is all framed by a unique and breathtaking panoramic view of Florence and the surrounding hills, that will contribute to start your day in the most pleasant way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.