“Fabulous Hotel in Florence” 5 of 5 stars

Click for details
Ranked #5 of 461 hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Hartford, Connecticut, USA
“Fabulous Hotel in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We loved this hotel! We stayed in the Library Room. Big by U.S. standards. Huge by European standards. Comfortable (true) king size bed. Friendly staff. Rates were pretty reasonable.

What set this hotel apart, however, we're the rooftop terraces - one overlooking the Duomo, the other the Arno River and bridges. Huge areas, self serve bar and phenomenal views. Can't imagine better views from a hotel in Florence!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Aaron,
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Grand Deluxe Library room at the Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni 1.
The Library room has been completely designed by Angelica Frescobaldi, our wonderful interior designer and this room has the special touch of a room intimate and private.
I look forward to welcome you again in Florence and please, do not hesitate to contact me directly for future resrevations.

666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently stayed at the Antica Torre hotel for a total of 9 nights. Four of these nights were due to flight cancellation for hurricane Sandy. We originally planned to stay a few days before and after renting a villa south of Florence. We did stay in 3 different rooms and felt they were all special with views of the Arno, the Duomo and lots of central Florence. The rooftop bar lounge area is magical as described by many TA reviewers. All the staff from the front desk to breakfast and bar staff were helpful, friendly and gracious. We hope to come back soon to one of our favorite cities and our new favorite hotel!

Room Tip: Loved all 3 rooms we stayed in!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your experience with many other travellers.
It's terrible you couldn't come back home because of the Sandy hurrican, but I'm proud to read that, even changing 3 times room, you had a lovely stay at the Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni 1.
I look forward to welcome you again and soon.
Best Regards,

Florence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The main feature of the hotel (alongside comfortable well appointed rooms with spacious bathrooms) is the roof terrace.

This provides stunning views of Florence including the dome of the Duomo from one side and the river from the other, and is available for guests 24 hours a day.

You are welcomed to complimentary tea and coffeee all day and to use the full bar facilites on a trust basis after the bar staff have gone home.

This is a nice touch that makes it feel much more like somewhere you are welcomed into rather another commercial organsiations who are unable to trust their guests and therefore restrict what you can do.

Nice people as well - good restaurant recommendations etc

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
grazie for sharing your experience in Florence.
I'm proud to see that you appreciate our honor bar, in fact, it's something I personally love and travelling around the world, I realized that I feel comfortable when I feel trusted and free; so, this is the concept of hospitality in which we believe!
Everything you may need, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My mother, my daughter (7-year-old) and I stayed with this fabulous hotel for four nights, and we fell in love with this place. The hotel handled our reservation and some logistical arrangements beforehand very efficiently and easily by just a few e-mail exchanges. When I asked about earthquake damage, they gave me a candid and considerate reply immediately. Services of the staff are nice and they made us feel at home all the time. Our room had a great view of red roofs and Duomo of Firenze, and the balcony attached to the room was full of fragrant jasmine. My daughter enjoyed picking flowers and sketching there for hours. And the view from roof top where we enjoyed gorgeous breakfast and evening drinks is so wonderful as well. The place is quiet and one can hear charming chimes of churches nearby. At the foot of Santa Trinita Bridge, the hotel is close to many tourist attractions, shops, and the most importantly some of the best gelaterias in Firenze! My daughter and I enjoyed trying different gelateria each night during our night stroll. It is also just a stone throw from the cafe in Piazza della Repubblica - I adore their cappuccino! Ah, life is good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Michikolinch,
thank you for sharing your experience with travellers.
It's a great pleasure to have the opportunity to work in such a wonderful place, so we always try to offer to our guests the same cozy athmosphere we are feeling.
I wish to welcome you again in the future and please, feel free to contact me directly, in order to offer always the best available service.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here recently for 6 nights. The staff is wonderfully accommodating , particularly Denise at the front desk. All of our needs were met. We had a very large room with a terrace on the 5th floor. The 2 rooftop terraces are fantastic !! One has a Duomo view and the other a view of the Arno River. Another pro with this hotel is the location on Via Tournabuoni. A beautiful street, with high end shops, away from the hustle-bustle, but yet a 5 or 10 minute walk to everything. We liked being near the Santa Tranita Bridge. It's quieter than the Ponte Vecchio Bridge. The hotel is very quiet and the service was superb. My only slight complaint is there is no real lobby area and the front desk is closed after 10pm. However, none of that would prevent me from staying here again. The Antica Hotel is such a wonderful atmosphere in this "dream city" I will be back!!:):)

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
thank you for the wonderul comment you posted on Tripadvisor.
I'm glad and proud to read such a great opinion about the Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni 1 and I'ld like to congratulate with all the staff and especially with Denise to get your stay unforgettable.
We are planning some implemenation this year and we are now making some works on the top floor so I wish, as soon as possible to meet your expectation in terms of lobby area. I have the pleasure to inform you that Reception closed at 10.00pm but for any emergency we have a night porter available at night.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon,

Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Since this was our first trip to Italy we did not know what to expect. We arrived around 4 in the afternoon and were promptly greeted by the kind and generous staff (they all speak perfect English).

Our room was perfect, private balcony, everything work and they have a wide selection of US TV available which was good since our house was in Sandy's path.

The breakfast buffet was very good and was made amazing by the roof top views (incl in room price). Services was always attentive without being overbearing. There was turn-down service every night and a happy hour on the terrace.

We were literally steps from the Arno, 1/4 mile from the Duomo and Uffizi. I can't think of a better place to stay in Florence for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear mpjones58,
first I'm happy you could follow the news on our tv and I wish you had no damages from Sandy.
I can only thank you for sharing your opinion of the Antica Torre di VIa Tornabuoni 1 with all the globetrotters.
Your comment is precious and it will be very usesefull for many travellers in Florence.
Please, feel free to contact me directly if you are planning to come back Florence and I'll be happy to offer you the best available treatment!
Yours Faithfully,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The rooftop terrace with an exquisite view of the city is the main selling point of this hotel.
Two steps from the Santa Trinita bridge, it is within minutes of the main attractions of the city.
There is no lobby... just a desk,with warm, courteous staff across from a small elevator. The hotel is within a larger building that offers a spacious seating with antique benches and potted plants in a beautiful old world atmosphere.
The corridors are spacious and graciously decorated. In addition to the open terraces on the roof, there is also an enclosed breakfast room and a bar that is on the honor system after the bartender leaves at ten o'clock.

Room Tip: Therevarevrooms that face the Duomo.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lillian013,
it's a pleasure to read your comment!
We personally enjoy welcoming our guests, we wish to reinvent the concept of hospitality, and we have the inspiration to provide the warmth of home in every detail.
Pleas,e feel free to contact me anytime and I wish to welcome you again in a next future,
Regards,

Maria Rita Bellini

Been to Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni? Share your experiences!