My mother, my daughter (7-year-old) and I stayed with this fabulous hotel for four nights, and we fell in love with this place. The hotel handled our reservation and some logistical arrangements beforehand very efficiently and easily by just a few e-mail exchanges. When I asked about earthquake damage, they gave me a candid and considerate reply immediately. Services of the staff are nice and they made us feel at home all the time. Our room had a great view of red roofs and Duomo of Firenze, and the balcony attached to the room was full of fragrant jasmine. My daughter enjoyed picking flowers and sketching there for hours. And the view from roof top where we enjoyed gorgeous breakfast and evening drinks is so wonderful as well. The place is quiet and one can hear charming chimes of churches nearby. At the foot of Santa Trinita Bridge, the hotel is close to many tourist attractions, shops, and the most importantly some of the best gelaterias in Firenze! My daughter and I enjoyed trying different gelateria each night during our night stroll. It is also just a stone throw from the cafe in Piazza della Repubblica - I adore their cappuccino! Ah, life is good.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- n the heart of Florence, in a prestigious 13th century building, you will find the Historical Tower "Antica Torre di via Tornabuoni n° 1. The historic building, which belonged to the Gianfigliazzi family until the end of the 18th century, hosted numerous important historical figures. At the beginning of the 20th century, the palace was transformed into a "Piccioli Guesthouse", quickly becoming a favorite residence of the English aristocrats and literati that loved the atmosphere of Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance and the Sweet New Style, with its churches, works of art and unique cultural climate. After the Great War, the Piccioli Guesthouse was closed, but reopened in 2001 under the name "Antica Torre". Thanks to careful restoration work which preserved and brought back to life all of the buildings original appeal, the Via Tornabuoni palace acquired life and warmth once again. The magnificent complex is considered one of the historic "tower houses" of Medieval Florence, and it preserves to this day the original architectural characteristics. It is an admirable example of how man is capable of taking buildings which were once devised for the purposes of war into oasis of peace, culture and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Olotels, Priceline, Splendia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.