“"Great Staff, Great Location, Wonderful Stay"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #46 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Indianapolis, Indiana
“"Great Staff, Great Location, Wonderful Stay"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Hotel Perseo for about 3 days during July of 2012. We had a wonderful stay. The staff and owner were so very nice to us and our rooms were very clean and modern. Overall a great value! The hotel's location was AWESOME, literally steps from everything! The only drawback was that the wi-fi wasn't the best...but my friend and I were able to use it. Besides, no one comes to Florence to sit in the room and use the wi-fi all day! Ultimately, I am sure our stay at Hotel Perseo played a huge role making our time in Florence the highlight of our trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Orange
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a tough review for me. The people at this hotel were 5 stars easily. The owner, a New Zealander was exceptionally nice and very very helpful. She spent time with us to show us on the map places of interest etc. Her husband (we are assuming here) was equally nice offering my wife second cups of cappuccino for breakfast. All the cleaning staff and the front desk reception were all outstanding.

We selected this hotel on the TA reviews alone, and I think people have reviewed this hotel at 4.5 because of the service and location. This hotel is smack bang in the heart of the city. As you walk out of the hotel in the morning the first view is the duomo and what a view. Beautiful beyond words. SO the location is amazing.

The hotel is nice, please don't get me wrong, but I was disappointed in a couple of things. 1. The Hotel is kind of in the centre of the building, so the entrance is up a lift, and in winter the entrance is cold and kind of uninviting. A small sacrifice but considering the location.....still it is a downside.
2. The breakfast room is very small and cramped, so if there are a lot of guests then there is a wait. The breakfast itself is OK. Toast, cereal, boiled egg, yoghurt (but not that cold which annoys me given it is a milk product).....but a cappuccino freshly made and outstanding service. 3. and this is the killer for me and why this hotel did not rate 4 stars.....the shower is woeful. The space inside....how to explain......you know what it is like when you move left or right and the razor crashes to the ground and the two parts separate and you have to somehow bend down and pick them up.....over ad over. then this is the space! Also and this is the worst....the pressure was one step up from steam! OK I'm exaggerating, but it is the type of pressure that has you yelling out to your wife.....man this shower is cr#p!

Now I don't know if it is because the building is so old that the pipes cant take it, or that they put restrictors in the pipes to save water, but it is crazy, because I spend 3X the amount of time to have a decent shower and it takes ages to wash out shampoo and conditioner! And it cheeses off the customer, so if it is done on purpose to save water, it aint working with me!

4. The room s tiled and in the morning regardless of the A/C, the floor is cold. If you have tiles, you also need a rug!

I know I have had a whinge, but real feedback is important. Service 5 stars, hotel room 3.5.

So far this has been out least favourite room, but it was clean, the bath towels were more like bath sheets which was a big plus ad they changed the linen after the 2nd of our 4 day stay which was terrific and these guys the only hotel that has done this for us. So a couple of big pluses there.

Would I stay here again........ yes for the service, no for the woeful shower.

But thanks for the fantastic service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
trvlbug63, Owner at Hotel Perseo, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thanks for writing a review about my hotel, I am only sorry you didn't bother to tell us about your shower problem straight away, we fixed it in 30 seconds after reading your reveiew. The cleaning girls should have picked up the shower head needed to be changed, but they didn't. From reception it is impossible to resolve problems if we are the last to know about them. What a shame.
I don't have carpets in the rooms as we have a huge request to allergy free rooms, the temperature you experienced were not usual, the last few days have been lows of around 6°.
The yoghurts are placed on a stainless steel tray which contains ice underneath.
By now you are most probably back home to your Australian summer, enjoy the festive season. Thanks again for taking your time to share your thoughts.
Kind regards
Louise
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Pros: Service, staff, breakfast, value and location
Cons: Showerhead is weak; hard beds

Hotel Perseo is wonderful. The staff is so very helpful. They booked our reservations to Uffizi and Accademia at the dates we wanted; provided fantastic restaurant recommendations (where few tourists go to and at a decent price); made food recommendations when asked; and helped us get tickets to a Fiorentina soccer game.

The breakfasts are also very much needed (and we missed them on later parts of the trip) because they provide you with a good base to start your days in Firenze! The rooms are quite spacious as well with a BBC and free but at times spotty WIFI.

Two minor complaints: I found the beds rather hard and the water pressure for the shower a little weak. The latter may have more to do with Florence than the hotel.

Highly recommended and great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Travelling around Italy I stayed in 3-4 hotels all at a similar price point. This one was definitely the nicest - spacious rooms, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, reliable wi-fi. By no means a luxury hotel, but very pleasant indeed and excellent value for money. Location was very good - close the Duomo, local shops, rail station and nice restuarants. The staff were very helpful - gave patient and thoughtful advice where to eat etc, and when the elevator broke down were very good about carrying my luggage up and down stairs. I will happily stay here again next time I am in Florence.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was two nights before a month ago and it was great!!! The location is perfect- right in the center, near the Duomo.The staff were very very nice! The food was good, the room was clean and it was quiet and comfortable :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed with my wife at Hotel Perseo in July 2012 and everything was perfect. We really enjoyed the location as it was Close to all of the sites we planned to see (Duomo, Accademia, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio), Florence is really very beautiful. Our room was large, clean with excellent spring mattress, Bathroom also large with excellent shower. Breakfast was very delicious with lots to choose from. The hotel staff was very kind and provided us a lot of useful info.No Complaint !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

As mentioned in other reviews, Hotel Perseo is perfectly placed for sightseeing - very close to the duomo, central market and everything is within <10 min walking distance.

Room was basic with good air-conditioning (not that we made much use of it), spotlessly clean, free wifi (a huge plus+) and quiet & peaceful despite being located along the main street. Staff were very friendly & helpful, and was definitely a highlight to our 3N stay.

Oh, and you have to visit the cafe bar just beside the hotel. Absolutely a delight!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Perseo? Share your experiences!