“Wonderful location” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza del Duomo, 1, 50122 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #35 of 461 Hotels in Florence
“Wonderful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located on the Piazza del Duomo, on the fourth floor reached by a small, old fashioned cage type lift. It has a helpful, attentive, friendly staff and a great breakfast with views of the Duomo. It is located close to everything and is surprisingly quiet considering its proximity to the busiest attraction in Florence. Breakfast is a standard buffet but with good quality and quantity...and did I mention the views?
Our room was standard small but quite comfortable, spotlessly clean and the bathroom had a small shower but the water was always hot.
I would recommend Hotel Duomo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great hotel right to the duomo! Rooms are very comfortable and offer a small kitchen. This would be ideal especially if you were staying for a few days. They do provide you with breakfast but it is just pastries. The room is very clean and bed the most comfortable we had throughout italy. Really great location!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kennesaw, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights while in Florence . Decent hotel, clean. Friendly staff. Old time elevator: will only fit 2. Within walking distance of train station and museum with David. Very good breakfast, in fact best we had while in Italy . Shower is very small and water pressure was suspect, we had issues with low flow and toilets not flushing well but a decent hotel but overall it was a good place to stay

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a short break and we cannot speak highly enough about this beautiful hotel, its staff are courteous and helpful and the location is just perfect.

The sites and restaurants are on the doorstep and you experience the best of Florence.

We would have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Duomo to anyone looking for the perfect stay and will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Cathedral are just incredible.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

What a wonderful location and we enjoyed waking up and viewing the majestic Duomo out of our window.
The front desk was very helpful and efficient when we inquired if they could make reservations at Accademia and Uffizi for us.
Close to good resturants and gelato.
Enjoyed the old two person elevator...added to the charm.
Would stay at Hotel Duomo on our next trip to Florence.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I first have to say that when it comes to this hotel, the location couldn't be more perfect. It was so nice to walk up to the front of the hotel, which is right across from the Duomo. But beware, the noise from the tourists below disrupted my sleep well into the night (not the hotel's fault). I had reserved a room with a Duomo view. Well, to me, I thought that would be a room that overlooked the Duomo. But no, I had to walk out on my balcony, look left, and there was a small part of the Duomo. Not what I expected. The room was nice, it's just that the bathroom wasn't very clean. There were several hairs from a previous guest that were left on the bathroom sink. Most of the staff at the front desk were helpful, except for one woman who sort of scolded me because I didn't leave my room key with her when I went out (I didn't know). But the breakfast was great, the bed was comfortable, and again, the location can't be beat. I think, though, on my next trip to Firenze, I might try someplace else.

Room Tip: Double check with the staff about your Duomo view. It may not be what you think.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
FedericoG1, Proprietario at Hotel Duomo Firenze, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Lori,
we appreciate all our guest reviews, because it's the way to improove our services.
We are really sorry about the clean of the bathroom. I can tell you it's the first time that something like that happens in our Hotel, you can check also all the others reviews of the guests and never happened before!I'm gonna talk with all my staff to understand what was wrong in your situation.
As regard the room, we are sorry that it was not you expected, but we want to remind you that it's true that you have to turn on the left to see a part of the Duomo and also the Giotto's tower, but we think usually that for our guests is better, most of all in this season, to have a private balcony in Duomo square in the heart of the historical center. But we made the wrong decision.
We would like to have you our guest next time, giving to you a different room to check if it's what you expect from our Hotel! Hope to see you next time in Florence.
Best regards

Federico Gori
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Have just returned after spending 7 nights at this hotel as a solo traveller. The location was perfect, as I didn't want to be tucked down a side street and I never felt vulnerable. It was easy to find, and only a 10 minute walk from the train station, which was where the airport shuttle bus drops you off. I had a single room with a balcony overlooking the duomo. Sitting on the balcony, you could hear the noise coming from the street below, but it wasn't an intrusive noise, and listening to the music was quite relaxing.
There were some places in the main areas of the hotel that looked a bit tired, but nothing a lick paint couldn't fix. The room was simple, but it was clean and comfortable. It had a decent sized bathroom, but my only complaint would be the size of the shower cubicle as it wasn't that big and the shower door didn't close properly so water escaped. Apart from that, the staff were very helpful and friendly, breakfast was your bog standard continental style, with plenty to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Duomo Firenze? Share your experiences!