“Pay attention!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #214 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Loreto, Italy
“Pay attention!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was in this hotel with foreign guests. The rooms were dirty: in the bathtub there were several hair as well as on the pavement. It seems someone had a shower just before our arrival. I was embarrassed with our Japanese guests who underlined the choice of the hotel was not accurate even though they appreciate the low rate.
After four days in the hotel, they asked to use a credit card to pay the fee. The hotel keeper informed them he had to apply an extra charge of 1,5% if the payment was not in cash (incredible! It never happened in hundreds of hotels I stayed!) and only after my complaints he renounced apply it.
After their departure I stayed in the hotel one night more, advising the hotel keeper that, as I had to leave at 6.30 a.m., I could not have breakfast in the morning. I saw that his face was really angry for the short of takings (breakfast was not included in the cost of the room, but it was on request).
The day after, at 6.30 a.m. I met the hotel keeper’s wife who consigned me a bill inclusive of the cost of the breakfast I could not have. I said that I informed her husband I would not have had breakfast that morning, but she responded none informed her and she had already prepared the breakfast (breakfast was available at 7.00, and she already prepared for me at 6.30!!! Why couldn’t she give it to someone else at 7.00 o’clock?). Great technique to steal money, guys! Pay attention!
I spent five days in Hotel Beatrice with Japanese guests to test it for contacts in the future. The test failed as my report was strongly negative. After that time I was 18 times in Florence with foreign guests, but we have never chosen Hotel Beatrice again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

this hotel is well located, and Constantino will make your stay perfect with advice and friendly, upbeat assistance. Walking distance to station and most of Florence as well as tours starting points. Its a 3 star so don't expect luxury but it is clean, rooms are a good size, ( but not the "lift!!") bathroom has all facilities and even hot water! Can be a little noisy - and breakfast is basic you might want to eat out now and then! Constatino will point you to the best value in restaurants in the area!!! We would go back!!!
Receommended!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were backpacking so arrived at the SMN train station which is just round the corner from this hotel! Very convenient! It's a buzzy area and that street seemed to have lots of schools and groups staying down it!

The hotel is located on the second and third floor of a fantastic traditional building! The decor might look a little shabby to british eyes but it was all clean, had air con (very important), and a lovely, lovely, very helpful owner who supports Firenze fc.

Great location for seeing all the main sites and for getting around on foot!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We arrived at the hotel and Mr. Constantino gave us a warm welcome and all the information we needed about our stay (and a map of Florence!). The hotel is not luxurious, but the price isn't either (it was the second cheapest hotel of our trip!). Sure, the elevator is old and small, but it was not a war operation to get the suitcases up to the reception! And to be quite honest, I thought the elevator was quite charming! For me, the best things about this hotel were - 1)Mr. Constantino's sympathy and helpfulness; 2)perfect air-conditioning; 3)spotless clean rooms; 4)great bathroom, with a spacious shower.
The breakfast was also a highlight (the lady who served the coffee always had a nice smile on her face - and sometimes that makes all the difference!)
When we go back to Florence, and I hope it won't take too long, we will definitely stay again at Hotel Beatrice! Thanks, Mr. Constantino!

Fernando Solano and Eduardo Bordallo

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New Forest, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

5 minute walk from the train station, very convenient. Constantine, the owner is a legend. Really friendly, and with some great tips for Dinner, Gelateries etc. He offered to pre-book the Uffizi and Accadamia for us, to avoid the 3 hour queues there (thankfully, our faithful Rick Steves' guide had alerted us to this, and we had already done it, about a month earlier - why would anyone choose to waste up to 6 hours af a 1 or 2 day break in Florence standing in avoidable queues??).
Like 99% of hotels in Florence, this is 3 -star, and sits in the middle floors of a 5 or 6 floor building. You catch a charming old fashioned art -deco style lift up (my wife felt like she was on the Breakfast at Tiffanys film set!).
The rooms are clean and comfortable - don't expect 5 star luxury. The mini-bar is reasonably priced. If, like us, you don't live in a city at home, with open windows you will probably find the noise at night too much.....simple solution...just close the window and turn on the Air Con in the room.
Breakfast was more than adequate continental style ....enough to see us through to dinner at one of Constantine's recommended nearby restaurants...with the help of an ice-cream or 2, and a coffee and cake during our day's sightseeing in Florence.
To sum up, for a short 1 or 2 night stay, the Beatrice (named after Dante's Mistress) offers a friendly, convenient, functional base.

Room Tip: Take Constantine's solid advice.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Traveled with a large group of friends for a 40th birthday. On arrival the was greated by a lift resemberling something from a horror film! My friends to their shock (or not so) was stuck for 30 minutes whilst the very helpful owner shouted instructions that where not equally as helpfull! Later, at night, i stayed in room 20 with two other of my friends. The room had a strange feeling about it and it wasnt until night when the strange things started to happen. It didnt help that the decor suited that of the lift but when cupboard doors flung open i slept with one eye open. Despite this cheep and not quite so chirpy (but a real laugh to say the least) location is fantastic and the owners are very helpfull (although not quite so if you get stuck in the old, battered, broken lift!) THIS DID NOT SPOIL A FANTASTIC WEEKEND AND I CAN SPEAK FOR THE 9 OTHER GIRLS I TRAVELED WITH!!!

• Stayed March 2011
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed here at the end of September 2010 during a 5-city trip. This hotel was the best one in Europe. Close to the train station, free wifi, clean, spacious, and most importantly a friendly staff that offered us the names of their favorite restaurants, noted some good sites to see on our map, and reminded us of the breakfast that was included in our stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Beatrice? Share your experiences!