“WOW - Art can be fun and interesting” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 322 Activities in Florence
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Over 10 years ago owner Paul Costa of Tuscan Tour Guide began his small private tour guide company. Since then he has led tours for Gordon Getty, Radio KISS 108 & NECN TV host Billy Costa and thousands of travelers of Royal Caribbean, Disney, Oceania, Seven Seas, Carnival, Seabourn & Norwegian Cruise Lines. Designing every tour to suit the expectations of each couple, family or group has made lifetime memories for thousands of tourists.
Cheverly,MD,USA
6 attraction reviews
“WOW - Art can be fun and interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a fantastic time on the tour of the Uffizi and the David and came away entertained and enlightened. never boring never stuffy.Paul actually re awakened my interest in art .I would never have gotten so much out of the museum and the David without him.

It was well worth evvery penny - the only bad part was that it ended.

A special thank you to those who took the time to write a review as we found Paul on Trip Advisor

We will reccommend to friends and too anyone wanting more out of Florence.

dc
3 attraction reviews
“Galleria dell Academia, Uffizi and a whole lot in between”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Back at our hotel after a wonderful afternoon with Paul. Unlike other tours we have been on Paul engages you in the learning process. As a self proclaimed art neophyte I was skeptical of a gallery tour. Wow, was I wrong. After 3.5 hours with Paul I have learned so much and my partner and I both found ourselves looking at the magnificant pieces of works he showed us with different eyes. If you want to see e David and see the works of art in the Uffizi buy your ticket and go through with the masses. If you want to see these incredible pieces of work and KNOW they are incredible book a tour with Paul.

Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
“Walking Tour of Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family just enjoyed a tour of Florence with Paul Costa.
Paul is clearly in love with the city that he has made his home for the last 16 years. He introduced us to the history of Florence from the early Settlers through the Roman Empire the Medicees and the Renaiscence to the modern post war era. This was done in a skillfully paced tour illustrating his stories with the backdrop of Florence.
Without his knowlege and explainations we would have missed so much.
Paul's inrtoduction to The David was done so skillfully that it was as if it were unveiled before our very eyes, gradually revealing this marvel as the finest sculpture on earth.
I will never revisit Florence without a tour from Paul and urge you to do the same
Superb. Thank you Paul

South Bend, Indiana
“Really Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We did a three hours tour in Florence with Paul he speaks fluent english as he was born in the Bronks, Usa and we saw the main sites of Florence such as Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, Duomo, Battistero and ending in the Academy to see Michelangelo's original David.
He is an ambitious young man, knowledgeable and interesting. He is clearly passionate about his job and he gave us also a lot of suggestion on where to buy jewels, leather, and good olive oil.

Visited July 2012
River Vale, NJ
“Best tour in Italy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I just completed Paul's Florence walking tour including David. It was the best tour we have had in Italy. We have taken five so far. My wife and I are not by nature true art or history lovers but Paul did an outstanding job engaging us and making us extremely interested in the arts and sights on the tour. It was like having the best history teacher in a university guiding you through town. He did not lecture. Rather, he engaged us and the others in the group. I encourage all who read this review to take any tour he offers. I just wish I had more time to take his other tours.