“Good value for money Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Hotel

You added Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Don Lorenzo Perosi 39 | Novoli, 50127 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #274 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Shrivenham, United Kingdom
“Good value for money Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed just for 1 night at this hotel on our way to Monteleone, we had arrived on a late flight so this hotel was very convenient. We arrived at about 11pm and were greeted by a smiling porter who helped us with our bags and checked us in within minutes we were in our room.
We wanted a coffee before bed so my husband went down to reception where they were only to pleased to make one for us even at 11.30pm.
The room was clean and spacious with a nice size bathroom and for the money very adequate.
I would recommend this hotel just for ease from the airport, I cannot comment about its surroundings as we arrived in the dark and left quite early.
I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I read some bad reviews here but me and my wife we had a total different experience.

Let's take it from the beginning. The hotel is easy to be found, very close to the airport and the highway and there are parking slots available. One person from the hotel (Daniella) she was amazingly helpful from the first moment and during our stay. She told us that someone had been robbed recently and she advised us to lock the windows and the shutters especially when we were leaving the hotel and during the night while sleeping. I do not blame the hotel because I believe that it is not wise not to lock the windows in your room wherever you travel around the world.

The room was very big and comfortable. Cleaning was acceptable (because the hotel looks old but renovated in some parts). The bathroom was really nice with a lovely bathtub and the towels/shampoos are of good quality.

The breakfast is of high quality and we really enjoyed it. They also serve coffee (cappuccino ,espresso, latte etc) which is very good.

The personnel helped us a lot by reserving for us tickets to the museums (where you need to wait in huge queues normally/sometimes you have to pre-order months in advance). Also they recommended a great local restaurant close to the hotel (i will write a review soon :) ) and they advised us how to get to the center , what to see, where to go , and all the small details.. simply excellent service!

Location is bit far (20-25 min from the center) but ok.

In general I would recommend this hotel to everyone, and possibly we would go there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Good location & within very easy local bus route to Florence City Centre. (Only 10 mins away).Parking on site is very handy. Close to main road junctions so travel around the region is also very easy. Clean room & a very simple but ideal breakfast. The staff were very helpful at all times & all spoke very good English. Daniella was extremely helpful but every member of staff were very good. No issues what so ever & I would recommend it. I will certainly use this hotel again. It is a great base for exploring the region.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Zrenjanin, Serbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Running away from this Hotel. We are robbed. Namelly, someone came into our room through the balcony and stole everything we had (money, watches, sneakers, personal jewelry). Hotel staff was terrible. The staff is blamed us that we robbed. They did not help us at all (even address the police station did not tell us). So, do not go there. It is a horror movie. We will file a claim against the hotel and the receptionist who was sleeping. Hotel manager came four hours after we reported the theft with the story: we are not responsible. This is the worst possible experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
, Direttore at Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
The hotel management wishes to precise that the property is completely surrounded by a functioning alarm system, which is reviewed and revised every month. The latest review went up to three days before the fact.

Lady’s friends, staying in the room next door, have not been robbed, despite the open window.

We have also verified with them the correct functioning of the alarm, which was fully operative.

The police was alerted immediately at 4.30am. Customers were invited to go to the police station to file a complaint.

The hotel management, was not present in the hotel considering not necessary his presence at 4 am.

The management is, anyway, both sorry and surprised for the disappearing of the jewelry and the money curiously photographed by the lady.
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

+ + + + We had overall a very good stay. The staff (Daniela specially) is extremely friendly and very helpful. She guided us thru' our trip to the neighbouring places, Siena, San Gimignano etc. Breakfast was good too.
- - - - The lift was very special. Wasn't working all the time :( The staff at night spoke only Italian. Was difficult to communicate when we arrived.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Sofia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

This must be the worst place I've been to in my entire life, and I do travel a lot. This place is horrible, stains everywhere, the elevator is out of order (apparently for 2 years now as I read other people's reviews), the rooms lack minimum hygene, there are stains on the bed, the walls, even the lamps have greasy stains.

The reception and staff are completely unfriendly.

We didn't dare sitting on the bed, it was THAT disgusting. We left almost immediately because this is in no way 4* hotel, possibly 1*, but looks more like a sex-by-the-hour cheap motel.

AVOID AT ALL COST !

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

This was the dirtiest, most foul-smelling hotel I have seen in my entire life. When we entered, the overpowering smell of air freshener could not quite cover up the smell of stale cigarettes and mold. All of the floors in the hallways were covered with tarps, the elevator was out of order, and the carpets and bedcovers in the 3 rooms we booked were covered with huge stains everywhere. When I went to use the "free internet" I was told I would have to pay over 30 euro per hour for access. I had to walk to 3 other hotels in the area to find another hotel that did not make my skin crawl. Although we were there a total of 15 minutes before fleeing, the nasty clerk said he was charging my credit card for all 3 rooms for the night whether I liked it or not. We made the mistake of spending our last night near the airport because we had a very early morning flight but we could have stayed in our beautiful hotel in the city center and taken a cab. Never again!! Stay away from this nightmare!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!