“A little gem in the heart of Florance” 5 of 5 stars

1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Tornabuoni 7, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #130 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Appleby Cumbria
“A little gem in the heart of Florance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2006

We had an exceptionally comfortable 2 night stay at the Scoti. The room was very quiet with absolutely no noise from ajoining rooms. Our room faced an inner courtyard so there was very little traffic noise.
The bathroom was immaculate
Doreen was charming and friendly and made us feel as if we were the only guests.
I would recommend this hotel without reservation except perhaps in July and August when I consider airconditioning is a must in all southern european cities
Would I stay there again ?....absolutely..I wouldn't consider anywhere else in Florence !
The situation of the Scoti is unbeatable..it is convenient for everything and everywhere.

• Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

I chose the Hotel Scoti after looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is an excellent place to stay.

I traveled with my Father and my 2 kids, ages 16 and 11. Our family had 2 rooms. Both were spacious and very clean. Since we knew the hotel is on Via Tornabuoni (a busy street) we asked for rooms away from the street. Noise was no problem for us.

Doreen is the best hostess in the world! Always very helpful, no matter what you needed...from reservations, to maps, to recommendations. Breakfast at 5 Euros is a great deal.

The location could not be better. Walking distance from everything!

I have to agree with other users concern about no AC. However, we were there in June and the nights were cool, so that was no problem.

• Stayed June 2006
Rochester New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

We stayed in Hotel Scoti for three days in May and would agree that the Doreen is a great host. She cheerfully made reservations for us at museums and restaurants and was very available to answer questions. She is Australian and her whole family speaks English so that facilitated making arrangements. The stone building and high ceilings keep the rooms cool, so the fan in our room was adequate for May; I agree that keeping the window open would be too noisy. The location is very upscale, same street as Tiffany's and across from Cartier. Easy walk to museums and restaurants. A taxi to the railroad station they arranged for us for very early in the morning was on time. (We had worried about getting our train to Rome in time for our flight back to the US.) This hotel would be our choice for future visits, except for summer.

• Stayed May 2006
Memphis Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2006

After much research my Wife and I settled on the Hotel Scoti for our 4 night stay in Florence. We paid 105 euro per night and did not opt for the breakfast. Too may bars in Florence to get pastries and coffee. My emails to Doreen were quickly responded to and she booked reservations for the Accademia for us. She gave us good directions to walk from the train station, about 10 minutes. The elevator was broken on our arrival so I had to carry our luggage up 3 flights of dark stairs. Not a big deal for me but it could be a problem for older folks.

Doreen could not have been nicer. She showed us to our room and gave us a map. I ask for dinner ideas and she gladly suggested a few places and showed us on the map thier location. They turned out to be wonderful places with good value. The room was fine and the bathroom was very nice. The elevator worked the next 3 days, The location could not have been any better. 3 minutes to the Arno, 5 minutes to Duomo, 7 minutes to the Ponte Vehicco and Uffitzi.

Now the bad news. With no Air conditioning and warm weather, we had to sleep with the windows open, that does not bother me but the noise from outside was so loud and lasted well into the wee hours of the morning. Not just a little noise but there is a parking garage right below our room and between the attendant talking to his friends, cars and motercycles, there must have been a restaurant somewhere below because they were rolling carts of dishes all night long and with the cobblestone streets, that was a loud mix. Thanks godness I had ear plugs that helped and I am not a light sleeper. Just be warned about the noise.

Too bad Doreen has no control over this because otherwise it would have been great. She made you feel at home and insisted we call her for anything we needed and I felt she truely meant it. I would stay there again if the weather was cooler so we could close the windows

• Stayed May 2006
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2006

Hotel Scoti is a jewel in the heart of Florence. It's on the "5th Avenue" of Florence, and is about a 5-minute walk from the Duomo, the number one attraction. Everything else is within a 20-minute walk.

The hotel is located on the 2nd floor, and there is a lift. The room was big and very clean. The owner Doreen is very nice and accomodating. I would recommend getting the 5 euro breakfast - you get a lot for your money! The only downside was it was a bit noisy at night.

I did a lot of research before I booked a hotel in Florence, and I did well with this one. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Florence. It is not expensive, and it's in a good location.

• Stayed April 2006
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2006

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, my girlfriend and I stayed here for one night in mid-April. Great location, excellent staff (Doreen certainly was friendly and gave us great advice), very clean, great ambiance, awesome price, etc...
However, we had a horrible experience with noise the night we stayed there. I'm hesitant to diss the place, but I don't know if we'll stay there again. It certainly was quiet at night, but the morning was a different story. We could hear EVERYTHING in the room next to us, from sneezes and coughs to conversation and weird bathroom noises that I'd rather not try to distinguish. The people next to us woke up at around 6 a.m. and took about 90 minutes to get ready, and I swear I felt like I was acutally in their room. The walls between our room and their bathroom were amazingly thin, and it honestly sounded like they were taking a shower in our room. Again, the place was great, and maybe we just had a bad room/neighbors, but I got so frustrated that I woke up at 6:30 a.m., took a shower of my own because I couldn't sleep from all the noise and then slept for another hour after the people next to us left. Did no one else have this experience???

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2006

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, quiet, and affordable room in Florence. I heartily recommend the Hotel Scoti. The room was a nice size; the bathroom recently updated with plenty of hot water; beds were comfortable and clean. Also, the sitting room of the hotel is beautiful; 17th century frescos, lovely furnishings, and a large chandalier. There was no phone in the room, but we were able to use the hotel phone if we needed one.

What made the Hotel Scoti so exceptional, though, was the owners. Doreen is a gracious hostess, and she speaks fluent English. Breakfast, for only an additional 5 euro a day per person, was brought to the room at a time we chose. I am a singer and was in Florence to perform. Doreen was very sweet to bring me hot tea before my concerts. When we went to Bologna for a performance, she let us keep some of our baggage at the Scoti so we wouldn't have to drag it all with us. She really made our stay in Florence a special one.

The hotel is within comfortable walking distance from/to the train station (about 10 min.)and to major sites and exhibits in Florence. Look for two giant wooden doors directly across the street from Cartier's. Enter the large foyer and take the lift to the second floor.
I'm sure Doreen will greet you with a smile.

I just hope we will be able to book a room at the Hotel Scoti the next time we return to Florence.

• Stayed May 2004, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Scoti? Share your experiences!