“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #147 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Oyster Bay Cove
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

What can I say about a place that makes you feel like you are part of the family!
I had stayed at Hotel Aprile thirty- five years ago and had reservations about "going home "again. But to my delight, it was the most wonderful home- coming. Our ten day stay in September was amazing.There have been many improvements to the amenities i.e. bathrooms, lighting,etc. But the ambiance of the Palazzo and especially the wonderful people has not changed! Yes, there are new faces, but they are all smiling, helpful ones, ever ready to assist with any of one's needs. I was in desparate need of a "secretario" to translate a meeting with Florentine friends and ( Santa ) Luanna came to my rescue!
Signor Zucconi ( il Padrone ) deserves praise for surrounding his guests with a wonderful staff, at the desk, in the restaurant , as well as housekeeping!
I had requested rooms that allowed us to hear the bells of S. M. Novella every morning and they did not let me down! To open my eyes and see the campanile and the church was an extra treat!
We have been back to Florence many times, staying in different areas and accommodations, but I am glad we decided to return to Aprile. It is truly a Florentine experience.

Room Tip: DO keep the windows closed at night if you are there during mosquito season.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
palazzodalborgo, Proprietario at Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear friend thank you so much for your report on my hotel. My family run this place since 1952 and I do my best, together with my wife Lucia, to improve it everyday. Of course our staff Is the most important part of our job. We try to keep the same persons as long as we can, that’s why the most of them are with us since 15/20 years. In this way they get to know the desires of every single guest and they sincerely do their best to sort it out. I also think that Florence deserve a longer stay, as you did. This city gave so much to the whole world and one or two days are really not enough to understand it.
Riccardo Zucconi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from 5 nights in Florence at this charming, unspoiled and beautiful hotel. It is superbly placed close to Santa Maria Novella railway station and a short walk to almost every famous tourist attraction. The staff are extremely helpful and accommodating day and night. Our room was spacious with a lovely four poster bed. Breakfast was simple but more than adequate and could be taken in a delightful courtyard. We saw a number of apparently more luxurious hotels on our wander around this fantastic destination but we both felt that this one was far more in keeping with the vibe and charm of the wonderful city.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
palazzodalborgo, Responsabile reception at Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
thanks for sharing your experience.
Your words are the best awards for our daily commitment on your satisfaction.
We hope to see you again in Florence at the Palazzo dal Borgo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hotel is easy to find from train station, only a short walking distance. Great location to all the attractions, super friendly staff who are very helpful and lovely to talk to. Breakfast is adequate, and eating in the courtyard is lovely. It is an old hotel so expect that but it adds to the charm of the place. One negative was one of the twin beds was broken and slanted down to one side, although in saying this it did give us some laughs at my friends expense. Definately recommend this hotel, and given how much I loved Florence I will be back and will definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Many thanks Kezzalin, for your kind review.
We definetley will wait for you to come back and visit us.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Rooms are really big. Nicely decorated
Close to train station
Walkable to Duomo and major attractions

Didn't face any major hurdles and nothing to complain much either
Breakfast was OK (not too bad) every morning - self service
Old building - Long narrow bathrooms

Definitely Not a 4*
Front desk is nor courteous or helpful (but not rude)
Small elevators (some luggages may not even go in)
No small amenities or service your should expect
No swimming pool

Room Tip: select a ground floor room if there is any
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
palazzodalborgo, Direttore at Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Sirs,
As you can see on all channels used by our Hotel, The pool is not part of our services.
Our aim is our Guests’ satisfaction and our job is to make Guests’ stay enjoyable , and I’m very sorry to read your feeling. I sincerelly hope that you will give us a new opportunity
Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Not much to add to the other positive reviews, great location, super friendly staff, very nice rooms. Only a few cons: our room had a very large bathroom (+), but had no stand up shower (-). My girlfriend didn't mind (she took a bath), but this definitely wasn't my thing. Only other negative was a bit of traffic/street noise in our bedroom. It died down after dark, and we were able to sleep through it, so not a biggie. Recommended, but ask about the shower before you book if this might bother you.

Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have just returned from four days in the Palazzo dal Borgo which is five minutes walk from Santa Maria Novella station and in the heart of Florence. The hotel has wonderful period character and the enclosed courtyard is a charming place to take breakfast and coffee. Our room was a delight and the staff were always helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Dear Ken
See you soon
Regards
Poolewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Chose this hotel due to tripadvisor reviews....and I'm glad i did :-)
Excellent historic establishment beautifully decorated and very clean.Superb location,ideal for train/bus station and going into 'town'.
Hotel was complimented by it's staff,who I found were fantastic...very helpful and pleasant.
Highly recommend this hotel and would certainly return if I found myself in Florence again.

Dear Sirs,
many thank for your kind thought
We sincerelly hope to have the pleasure of welcome you again
Reagrds

Been to Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile? Share your experiences!