“Good deal for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ariston Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Fiesolana 40, 50122 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #424 of 460 Hotels in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“Good deal for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is not great inside. Old furniture, old bathrooms. However it is clean and warm and the staff is friendly. The location is definitely a plus as it is walkable distance from the dome and the main square. Althogh the quality is not the best, the price is in line wih the quality. Good bargain if you decide to visit Florence.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived, I was thinking to myself, what have I let myself in for. The room is dirty, bed clothes old, no lift, no breakfast included unlike ad, single pane glass in the window. Only positive is the lady in reception is helpful and its in a good location. Must remember not to stay here again, even if it is cheap.

• Stayed September 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is well priced and in a good location but rough. I would stay here again but they could definitely clean the place up. Breakfast was simple. They helped us with parking for our car which was great. Abit of TLC and this place would be a real diamond

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have been several times to Florence: you can find much better value for this money.
Stairs to steep, no carpeting, so a big noise whenever somebody dumps down his trolley.
Room: ample. Windows and curtains, dirty. Bathroom very very tiny, to the extent that you
have trouble sitting on the WC and fitting your knees to the wall in front (I am not tall!). There was a leak from the WC, so each time we flushed, the floor was flooded. The TV cannot be turned down
form the bed. breakfast: possible and decent, for 3 euros. price of room: we got a deal because under contract with an institution in Florence, so we paid exactly half of what was written on the back of the door officially. we paid 66 euros per night for a double, + 4 euros local tax.
It definitely is not worth more than this deal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I feel awful for this review, but honestly, I can't give it more than 2 stars. The front desk staff were WONDERFULLY helpful and very nice. I couldn't ask for better. They all spoke several languages very well. Location was great, very central and a short walking distance to everything. The main problem I had was with the condition of the room - we got a private double with a private shower. The shower had mold everywhere. There were huge black spots of mold along the baseboard of the shower. I wonder if a simple cleaning would have done the trick - do they just don't clean the place, or what? The whole room felt moist. And dark, SOOO dark - it could be the middle of the day and it would look like midnight. Not to mention freezing cold. I feel like if there was some sun in the room, it wouldn't be so moldy and cold and moist. We had to stay here a few nights while we waited to move into our apartment, and I mean, like I said, it'll work in a pinch. But I'm very excited to leave tomorrow. In spite of everything, the front desk staff was wonderful. We're traveling with our 6 month old and the lady at the desk was so nice to us, and helped us a lot with the baby. We plan to come back while we're in town just to visit her, that's how nice she is. The breakfast isn't too bad, for only 3 Euro, it's a good value. The made-to-order cappuccino is good, but the coffee machine is kinda suspect. I would never stay here again, but I may stop by to say hello to these people because they were extremely friendly and positive. The WiFi was excellent, no complaints. Not in the rooms, but in the lobby / dining area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The only positive thing I can say for this hotel is its location. Other than that, it's seriously over-priced and low in quality. We were 4 people divided into 2 separate double rooms, both of which didn't look anything like the pictures they have on their website. I've stayed in bare bones hotels plenty of times before, but this went beyond being bare bones- they clearly just don't take care of this spot and list amenities they don't really offer. They don't give clean towels or sheets (unless you pay extra...in fact I'm surprised they don't charge you a "fee" to sleep on the bed). Our TVs both didn't work and had exposed wires (they haven't worked in a long time, you can see). Our separate private bathroom had a shower head over the toilet more or less, and plenty of water-damage since they didn't really design the bathroom to handle water going all over it and out into the hallway. Our view was of two bathroom windows about an arm's reach away. I'm aware this is a 2-star hotel, and one might think "Well what do you expect?"...but on the other hand, being an Italian resident and having stayed this past year in dozens of similarly priced hotels, I was seriously disappointed with how dismal this hotel was.

The staff were nice, but this is a Hotel whose owners simply just don't care, and it's sadly obvious. I wouldn't recommend this hotel, because there are loads of other hotels in Florence that for the same price will give you a clean and honest alternative.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Good service, good size of room, great location, you can walk to the sight seeing stop bus, or walk to The Piazza del Duomo.
Staff is very friendly.
Good relation with price.
Keep in mind this is a hotel to visit with friends, family or solo, I would not recommend for couples.

Room Tip: It's better to choose a room far from stairs due to noise.