“Often closed doors-noone to open” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Cristina
1.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   della Condotta 4, 50122 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #432 of 553 Florence B&B and Inns
Kielce, Poland
“Often closed doors-noone to open”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

We was there one year ago. Doors was closed and we had to wait about 30 min. We don't knew that somebody will come and open it. We wasn't sure - is it real entry to this hotel. Door is not only for hotel, but is for whole house where living another people.
Hotel inside is poor. Corridors are tight. Reception is muddle like stopgap. Often noone is in reception. They gave us keys to this common door and room door. Room is poor, stony floor, old windows, potty light.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you want to be in the center of everything, you will be at Cristina. However that also brings noise all night long -- something I have never experienced in another city -- people screaming and singing and doing all they can to be loud until dawn.

I booked a double shared bath. When I arrived they informed me double shared baths were in their property across the street. OK, not far. But on the 3rd floor. These annex rooms are in a converted apartment -- it has 3-4 double rooms. The kitchen was nice to have. However, unlike other rooms in places like this, the Cristina annex was really bare bones. No hangers in the room. Not even a hook to hang the towel from. The bed was fine. It was very clean, and the maids were great. Clean linens daily. I liked all the staff. It was good for the price, but it would be better if people knew they were staying across the street, and it would be great if they added towel racks and hangers in the rooms. The only thing they can do about the noise would be to replace the windows, and I assume that isn't going to happen for this price. Also, I think it would be very very hot in the summer to be on the 3rd floor of this building -- they need to provide fans for summer (perhaps they do).

Breakfast was served in the main "hotel"/hostel, so you had to cross the street. It is a breakfast of cereals, yogurt, packaged rolls and nutella/jams. Juice, coffee, tea.

All said, I had a great time in Florence and Cristina was fine, but I won't stay there again. I didn't sleep well because of the noise, which is nothing against the hotel itself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

First of all, there is two Establishment named Cristina in Florence, this one: Hotel Cristina in the center of the old town, about 15 minutes away from the train station, and a second one, very similar in looks, called: Cristina House, located about 15 minutes in the opposite direction from the train station (on a less touristy, less busy street but probably as loud at night with traffic). You can walk to both from the train station...
Hotel Cristina's main interest is that it is in the center of everything you want to see in Florence if you are only here for a few days. Now that I have been here for 2 and a half days I would recommend staying on the other side of the Arno river.
Hotel Cristina is run by a bunch of early 20s that don't seem to care too much about who comes and goes. They usually peek their heads from the little room they hang out in watching tv to see who's there. The place seems like it could have been great, 10 years ago, with a different owner and a little care. The rooms are large but weirdly decorated. The bathrooms are basic but clean. The biggest set back is the noise at night. I didn't sleep much the first night and the second one was just a little better.
Since it is so easy to walk around the city from anywhere near the center, I would recommend to people to pick place a bit further away, you might get a view, some quiet sleep, nice service and a cozy place to come home at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The staff or owner is just rude! Unpleasant stay I had for one nite. I called to book and they did not keep the room for me while I could only get a dorm bed. They could have asked me for credit card if a guarantee was needed. Then I rushed to check out as I mis took the checkout time. While I took a break having a cup of tea at common room , they asked me to leave which o never had such experience in any hostel !

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed with my girlfriend here for 4 nights in mid October. We booked a double room with private bathroom.

Due to the idiosyncratic nature of the hotel, we were given the largest room in the hotel - big enough (and some!) for a family of five. Not really a complaint, but not the most cosy!

The bathroom shower holder was broken but otherwise was fine, if basic. Sheets were clean etc etc.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Best of all though is the location. Couldn't be better for a typical Florentine holiday. Absolutely.

I couldn't find an alternative with as remotely good a location for the price, and for that, it more or less has to get a good review, given it was clean and the staff good.

Room Tip: If there is a choice for the double room with private bathroom, ask for the smaller room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Francestown, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I'm currently staying at Francesco's well run, immaculate glorified "hostel" He and his staff are the warmest, kindest people I've met in all my travels. He's gone out of his way to help with future accommodations in other places. My room was clean, comfortable, quiet and I felt very safe here as a woman traveling alone. The location could not be better. Literally steps from The Uffizzi and so many other destination sites, very much in the heart of the action. I disagree that it's a place for students and back-packers. It's a place for anyone who's on a budget and has standards. I'm in my late 50's and felt right at home. Lauren D

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Booked this hotel because it had favorable reviews on most sites, but was sadly disappointed with the stay.

No air conditioning. One shower between all private rooms. Two toilets for the whole hostel. Awful wifi coverage. Crap service.

I was charged twice for my room, and was given very little help in trying to receive my money back. Now I am struggling with my credit card company to deal with the hotels mistake.

While it may be a little cheaper than other places, you should pay the extra 5-10 euros and stay elsewhere

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Hotel Cristina? Share your experiences!