“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, the location is perfect and is within walking distance to SMN Novella train station and at the center of everything. The only negative about this hotel is that the elevator is quite small and can only load max of 2 people. Further it was located at 2nd floor, and if you have heavy luggage with you...then you're in for a workout.
Nevertheless, services are great, breakfast is very good and staff are really knowledgeable and very helpful. They've made our stay more memorable. We stayed in a room with private bath. The bathroom is spacious and beautifully decorated with fine finishings. Hotel had everything we wish for i.e. strong free wifi and guide books. Will definitely stay here again if we return to Florence.

Room Tip: Request for room with river view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Absolutely spot on! A super workout - and it's free! And if you are not in the mood for it, we totally understand and of course will come and help carry your luggage.Glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

4 day stay in Florence was greatly enhanced by the staff at this Hotel. Knowledgeable and willing to offer assistance where needed. Housekeeping efficient and thorough. The reward of climbing those stairs is a great stay in Florence. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Wonderful that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the time to say so here. The stairs are a free workout that we offer with every booking! We look forward to seeing you again one day.

Kind regards - Andrea Gennarini
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel really made our stay in florence all the more enchanting. We extended our stay by 2 nights and were tempted to stay longer! The owner and staff are knowledgable (great food recommendations) and accommodating; housekeeping goes above and beyond to tidy the rooms and there is everything a traveller needs - strong free wifi, guide books and free calls. The rooms are warm on a cold winter night and spacious! Not to mention great location! Will definitely stay here again if we return to florence.

Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Do come back - there are lots more really great restaurants to try out and we know them all!

Kind regards - Andrea Gennarini
Union, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this charming hotel for four nights in the end of December and beginning of January. I stayed alone and in the single room with a private bath down the hall. The only possible negative is the set of stairs getting to the elevator. I say possible because I truly didn't mind the stairs. It wasn't easy when I arrived with luggage but the wonderful Monti was right there when I got to the reception desk. Otherwise i took the stairs almost everytime and rarely used the elevator. I believe those stairs are the reason I didn't gain weight in Italy despite eating heavy meals and drinking a lot of vino. the location is fabulous. It is in the center of everything (very near Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery) yet its on a quiet street so the noise of the city doesnt keep you up at night. the rooms are very clean and more than adequate. The staff made my stay truly special. Of course like everyone else i fell in love with Monti. He is worth his weight in gold. He was always so genuinely excited to see everyone and did everything possible to make my stay wonderful. Andrea is great. From making dinner and gallery reservations to giving helpful tips he was always professional, courteous and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to make a return trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Wonderful. We are so pleased that it all worked for you. We entirely agree that whoever uses the stairs everyday should have at least two extra ice creams a day, and perhaps a pre-dinner glass of prosecco too! We very much look forward to your return visit - stay with us via facebook!
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Why this man is working the evening shift at a modest hotel in Florence is a mystery to me. Maybe he is the owner ? Now to review the other aspects of this hotel. The room was just the right size, neither large nor small. There was a nice writing desk that I used. A very unique and useful master switch for the room electric. Use the key to open the door, then put the key into a socket inside of the door to activate the lights etc. Everything was Very clean, I only notice cleanliness if a room is dirty or very clean, salute to the housekeepers. As quiet as an Italian building can be as they all have ceramic floors and masonry walls & ceilings. The only negative was that the hotel began on the third floor of the building. I saw this often in Italy; hotels start on the 2nd or 3rd floor of a building and the elevators start at the 1st or 2nd flight of steps. So this negative is probably not considered so by Italians as this seems to be very common. The location is excellent, a short walk to all of the major sites in Florence. They had a really nice perk that I have not seen anywhere else; they give guests up to 10 minutes of calling to home on a special phone. What do I mean by a special phone ?? I mean a phone that WORKS. If you have not been to Italy yet, be prepared for a phone system that is a little better than two cans with a tight string tied between them. When I was checking out, the day manager told me that I could return later in the day to use my ten minutes as he remembered that I got the answering machine on both of my attempts. So, the day manager is just as professional and courteous as Monti but Monti has that type of personality that makes you smile when you talk with him. The price at 75 Euro was on the low side of the hotels I inquired with and the comp breakfast was the best of any I had during my 20 day visit to Italy.

Room Tip: I was happy with my room that was on the same floor as the reception desk.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Monti is the best - and he is a prized member of our staff, along with all the others (some clean really well, some have great personalities and some go out of their way to help guests - we highly value each and every one).

Yes, we do offer our guests a free 10 minute call to their home country each day; we think it's a nice touch, and note that it is much appreciated.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay (even with the stairs - we talk about them a lot on our site and on our facebook page - we keep it no secret!) Come back again one day - we would love to see you.

Kind regards - Andrea Gennarini; courteous day manager AND owner :-) !!!
Essex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here in November whilst visiting my daughter who was working in Florence. This was my second visit in a a matter of weeks. The first time we stayed in Hortel David - nice but I preferred Hotel Alessandra. The location is wonderful, central for all the sights and plenty of good restaurants within a stones throw. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was spacious and comfortable. The staff were welcoming and helpful and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are delighted, and really hope to have you come visit again. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Kind regards - Andre Gennarini
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights at year end, in what seemed a very busy period for Florence. The hotel has some VERY strong points going for it - namely its location and especially the service provided by its owners and employees. Regarding the rooms: we stayed in a "junior suite" which was a very large room, modestly decorated but don't expect luxury (as it is already stated in the hotel's site). Everything was working, with a good bed and mattress for a good night's sleep. The room was warm during the very cold nights in Florence.
The area however this hotel excels is its people and service - they were all (special thanks to Monti) fantastic, caring and attentive. The suggestions for dinner excellent!
As a final point, but maybe very important for some, the hotel enjoys very good Wi-Fi system! When in Florence, we will definitely stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
You sir, said it better than we ever could. You have understood us perfectly. Thank you!

Kind regards - Andre Gennarini

Been to Hotel Alessandra? Share your experiences!