“Great location and price” 4 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #22 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great location and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here for four nights on our recent trip. Monti the desk concierge was extremely helpful and hilarious. He is quite a character, and he made our stay special by giving us great tips on restaurants and seeing the sights. We loved how centrally located the place was to everything we wanted to see. The breakfast was good. The room was very clean and large, with lots of storage space. The bathroom was also spacious, although I would suggest they put up more shelves and/or hooks in there. I had requested a room away from noise because I am a light sleeper and they delivered--I had no problems at all. I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are so lucky (in European terms) - our rooms are extra-large! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.

Kind regards - Andrea Gennarini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Arriving at the less-than dramatic front entry of this charming hotel, we were a bit leery of the wisdom of selecting the Hotel Alessandra for our stay in Florence. Then there was the challenge of those darn steps. But our fears were quickly dispelled when we were greeted by the most charming host we encountered in a month spent in Italy, Spain and England. There should be a prize. He made our stay fun, greeting us with humour every morning.
The other individual who made this hotel memorable is the lady who works with friendliness and efficiency in the breakfast room. What a lovely way to start each day! The food was great - fresh baking every morning - and the service was even better.
All of the staff we encountered during our stay showed a degree of excellence that reflected an obvious love of their jobs that must be due to a very wise manager with a knack for selecting and training employees.
Thank you all.

Room Tip: this is the most confusing - for me - place we have ever stayed, an old building with a creative app...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Accchhh! No. "Less than dramatic"?? The door is 3m high (10 feet) - the staircase in original "pietra serena" (a local prestigious stone), the building is 500 years old. Come on!

Yep - our stairs are a challenge. But we help. We lug suitcases up and down, No problem.

Seriously - thank you for appreciating our staff. We do invest in them. And they are stars and we are proud.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I only stayed here one night on my recent trip but was quite pleased with the hotel. The hotel is located on a quaint little street in the midst of the historic center of the city – so if you like being in the thick of things, you will be here. My room was very nice, spacious and extremely comfortable – this was definitely the most comfortable bed I had in my 11-night trip. Staff seemed quite friendly and helpful, though I did not really need to tap into this in my brief stay. Breakfast was quite pleasant. The only negative I would note is the location of the shared bathrooms (which I opted for) relative to my room – I had to go up a flight of stairs and down a very long hallway, which was a bit awkward, as well as inconvenient in the middle of the night. It's clear why this hotel gets such high ratings and I were I ever to return to Florence I would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
And we would love to have you back! You are right - your shared bathroom was maybe a long way, but usually the shared bathroom solution actually works really well ( read some other reviews). And people are surprised to find that it's an acceptable solution (we run like crazy keeping the bathrooms clean and fresh for each guest!). Come back - we would love it.

Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel Alessandra is a wonderful hotel in a fantastic location in Florence. I enjoyed a beautiful room only minutes of walking from all the wonderful art and architecture that Florence has to offer. But what makes this hotel special is the people. I had an unfortunate accident during my stay and ended up spending the night in the hospital in Florence. The hotel staff not only helped me get to the hospital, but visited me and offered their assistance with sending emails to my family, translation help, and anything else that I could think of that they could assist me with. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Goodness! What a nightmare.When our guests don't show for the night after checking in obviously we have to go hunting for them - and fortunately we found you, albeit in a hospital. We hope that you are making a speedy recovery and look forward to your next "less dramatic" visit! Very best wishes from all the team.

Kind regards Andrea Gennarini
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We recently stayed in the Hotel Alessandra during our visit to Florence and can unequivocally recommend it to fellow travelers. Not only is it ideally situated near the Ponte Vecchio and to all that Florence has to offer, it also has great accomdoations with oversized rooms, scenic views of the Arno River, and a wonderful and most helpful staff. They not only were most hospitable to us but very helpful in assisting us in getting the most from our short stay. From advance reservations at the Uffizi and the Accademie to helping with dinner reservations, Andrea, along with his mother, were outstanding hosts. We can't wait for a return visit to Florence and the Hotel Alessandra!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sweeping view of the Arno River....can't be beat!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Alessandra, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
And we loved having you to stay. We have lots of ideas about where to go, where to eat, what to do depending on your individual needs. And are pleased to answer questions via our facebook page prior to your arrival. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - much appreciated!

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Hotel Alessandra is in a great location, convenient to everything. Our room was the largest we had anywhere we visited in Italy and it was great to spread out. The staff was great and accommodated our every request. Breakfast was delicious too!! You will not be disappointed if you choose Hotel Alessandra

Room Tip: Our double with private bath was huge...so nice to have some space.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We think you need space when on holiday, especially here in Florence. Somewhere to spread out all the goodies you have bought in the day and look at them properly! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and do come back one day.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at the Alessandra Hotel this week and loved it! They were so welcoming and helpful. Andrea organised museum tickets for me at a good price (with only one days notice) and was very helpful with all my questions. NOTHING was too much trouble for all the staff and they went out of their way to make arrangements for me.(including a cooking class at the last minute)
The hotel is charming and homely,and spotlessly clean. There is also a lounge room where you can relax. I was travelling alone so appreciated the warmth and friendliness of this hotel. It is a street away from the Ponte Vecchio and a short walk to the main sights. It is reasonably priced for a hotel so close to the centre of the city and included breakfast. Thankyou for helping to make my stay in Florence so memorable. I highly recommend this hotel and will be back.
PS The hotel is on the first floor so to enter you have to walk up a long flight of stairs to get to a tiny lift. If you need help with bags, Im sure the staff would assist.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hotel-Alessandra, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and all the extras - cooking classes are a great way to get up close and personal with our culture We hope to see you again one day

Kind regards - Andrea Gennarini

Been to Hotel Alessandra? Share your experiences!