“Food coma” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
“Food coma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Best Panino in Florence. Not exaggerating whatsoever. I ordered the fantasy which means I create my own panino and I can have up to 5 ingredients! The panino starts off with freshly baked focaccia bread (if you don't know what that is, look it up. It's amazing). I added salami picante, mozzarella, freshly cut tomatoes, pesto sauce for a spread, and balsamic, with a dash of salt! After all the ingredients are on the panino they put it on the grill and toast the bread so it has a little crunch to the bread and the meat warms up. AND to top it all off, it's only 3.50 euro!!! I will be going here daily for the next couple weeks!

Visited July 2013

93% Recommend
Boulder, Colorado
“BEST PANINO ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I studied abroad in Florence this past summer. This sandwich shop was right around the corner from my school. It was my favorite meal to eat every week (and very cheap!). Pino stands behind the counter and makes every single sandwich with love! You can not go wrong here! This might just be what i miss most about Florence! Also, the meatballs are SO GOOD!

• Visited June 2013
Palo Alto, California
“BEST LUNCH PLACE IN FLORENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've spent almost a quarter of my life in Italy, both as a child and now 20-something. Pino's is my all time favorite sandwich place there. The clientele speaks to the quality of everything in the place: local Florentines drop in en masse to enjoy the prime piatti or his more traditional panini while young exchange students of all nationalities drop in to enjoy his loaded-up, novelty sandwiches that depart from the Italian norm if only for using heftier portions and more varied mixes of the same fresh ingredients inside toasted focaccia (think fresh mozzarella, salami, prosciutto, mortadella, roast peppers and eggplant, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, olives, pesto, and more).

As delicious as everything his, Pino, his lovely wife Antonella, and the rest of his employees are all lovely people who take the time to get to know their customers and are very passionate about the work that they do. Pino is just as committed to giving you a smile as he his to filling your stomach with utter deliciousness.

Oh and his prices are INSANELY reasonable...don't tell him though ;)

GO THERE EVERY DAY YOU ARE IN FLORENCE FOR LUNCH. Explore the rest of the dining scene at dinner.

PS ask about the private wine tastings Pino offers in his nearby Enoteca "Pozzo Divino"

Chicago, Illinois
“Thank you Pino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My son ate here every few days while studying in Florence. He took us with him when we visited, and we had a delicious fresh pannini. We were welcomed like family. e Pino opened a new wonderful bottle of chianti for me. The sandwiches are a great value at 3.50 Euro, and the wine about 1.60 euro! We had the caprese and another similar sandwich with eggplant. The pesto is wonderful, too. Pino is friendly and the service is fast. My son is going to miss you!

New York City, New York
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Salueria Verdi was recommended to me by a family member as a must go-to location while in Florence. Pino creates a great atmosphere and is a pleasure to interact with, and the Paninis were exceptional. I fully endorse the establishment and received the same feedback from my group of friend when I brought them to the shop. Well done, Pino, thanks very much!