“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Moscow, Russia
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our hotel was just near this shop in Florence. And though I did not expect to buy anything, I couldn't help admiring these beautiful gloves shown in the window. There are many glove shops in Florence, but none of them showed such good gloves. Finally on the last day of our stay I went there and bought the cashmere lined bottle-green pair I liked best. Signora in the shop was really helpful. As for the gloves they are of real fine, delicate work and quality. It was definitely worth the cost of 72 euro and I'm really satisfied with my purchase. All in all a great experience!

Visited May 2013

Haliburton, Canada
22 attraction reviews
“Return Policy excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was in Florence in May 2012 purchased a pair of winter leather gloves. The lady inside was fabulous. We were amazed that she could tell our hand sizes from looking at them. The stitching came undone within a couple of wearings. I contacted Madova and heard from them right away saying they would be replaced or repaired. I even asked to be notified of when they were received and I was. They have been replaced and this was all done within about two to three weeks. I was amazed at the quick turnaround. Can't fault their customer service. I will never buy my gloves anywhere else again.

Visited May 2012
New England
25 attraction reviews
“My favorite place for gloves! Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

So I went here in 2008 and 2012... And when I go back to Florence I will go again for more gloves! I love this shop!

I love shopping for gloves at this shop! I have 3 pairs of gloves now from my two trips and I wear them and love them. I also bought gloves as gifts here and of course everyone loves them!

The service and quality are unbelievable at Madova!

Visited October 2012
Secaucus, New Jersey
17 attraction reviews
“Great Service ... and Gloves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I came here because her guidebook recommended it and I wound up buying more than she did. Madova goes out of there to find you the perfect pair (or two or three pairs) of gloves. Fantastic selection and great quality and at prices far less than what you might pay in the U.S. for imported Italian gloves.

Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
18 attraction reviews
“Quite Possibly the Best Glove Shop Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Enticed by lovely red leather gloves trimmed with rabbit fur in the window, I entered this well-positioned shop having never purchased a pair of gloves in my life. I live in San Francisco, and have never had a need for gloves, and I sure didn't "need" these, either. The owners made me feel so welcome, answering all my questions about the various options (unlined, or lined with silk, or cashmere, for instance...). She estimated my size at a 7, then measured me, and sure enough, I'm a 7. Impressive.

The process of being fitted for gloves is interesting, too. You place your elbow on a soft pillow, with your hand straight up, and the gloves are easily pulled down your hand. It's rather pleasant, and makes you feel as if you're someone special. :-)

I ended up not getting the gloves I really wanted, because I knew I'd never wear them at home, and instead, bought a red leather pair lined in silk, which look truly elegant.

Now here's the humorous part: I loved Firenze so much that I decided to return 6 months later, renting an apartment for 2 months. My adult son came to visit me, and as we were strolling by, I said, "Here's the shop where I bought my red gloves. Ooh look, there are the red ones with the rabbit that I almost bought instead." He told me he'd buy them for me "just because," we went in, and he came out with his first pair of gloves: supple caramel-colored driving gloves! One week later, he came back and bought a second pair in black. So now we each own two pairs of gloves from this wonderful shop, and have a great story to tell as well!

Visited November 2012