Health warning: this will spoil you for all other hotels in Florence.
The location is perfect for sightseeing and exploring on foot the small cobbled streets of Oltrarno with its plethora of small shops and restaurants, as well as palazzo Pitti and the Boboli Gardens, the Ponte Vecchio area, the Duomo and all the other museums in the historical centre. The hotel can help with booking tickets ahead so you avoid the queues - but this can also be done online.
The building itself, in the owner's family for over 250 years, was sympathically restored and opened in 2002 as a suites only hotel retaining many original architectural features but without sacrificing any comfort. For example the vaulted ceilings are dizzyingly high but the rooms are warm in winter.
The suites are all enormous and elegantly furnished but so comfortably you instantly feel at home, with amenities such as TVs and DVD players, minibar, a safe, Bulgari toiletries, a free guide and map to Florence and lots of information in the folder given on arrival. A word of caution: the bottled of wine enticingly placed on a side table and labeled "for your tasting enjoyment" actually costs EUR44, although the charge only becomes apparent upon checkout.
The hotel has many lounging areas, a billiard room, a magnificent breakfast room decorated with antique family portraits. The roof terrace offers spendid views of Florence.
Coffee and tea are available free of charge throughout the day and there's free coffee and cake in the afternoon - we weren't around to try it but think it's a lovely touch.
Breakfast is a huge buffet with sweet and savoury offerings plus you can order eggs cooked to your taste. It can also be served in your suite for a EUR15 supplement but it would be a shame to missout on the beautiful room.
The staff almost all speak English and are extremely courteous and helpful. They kept our luggage after we checked out, lent us umbrellas, booked us a taxi to the station and would have done much more had we asked.
After my second stay there I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's very expensive but check out their special offers on their web site for some real bargains given the quality of accommodation and service.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Hotel
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Florence
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Hotel Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in an outstanding location at the heart of the bustling, medieval neighbourhood of San Frediano, a mere 5-minute walk from the Ponte Vecchio and the city’s finest shopping district, the Palace offers only suites, Feroni, Deluxe, Executive, Junior and Classic suites.They are spread over four floors of the Palace, encompassing a gallery that is filled with objects of art and decorated with a style that brings back the past. A personal and discreet service is provided to the guests day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Agoda, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Palazzo Magnani Feroni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.