“Adri was awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 322 Activities in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Florence offers a limitless choice of historically fascinating sites. It is our aim to elicit the city's magic and to present it to you in an original, flexible and entertaining way.We take great pride in customizing our tours to suit you, focusing on whatever might interest you the most. Classic tours and less conventional ones, cooking classes, visiting markets, wine tastings...you name it!Our guides are highly qualified, versatile, friendly and fun. They are ready to show you the city as you choose to see it and you can skip the long lines.It is our distinct pleasure to introduce a new and personal way to visit the "Cradle of the Renaissance". We'll make everything easy for you and you'll have an experience you won't forget.Discover Florence, your way, through our eyes.
Castle Rock, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Adri was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Adri made our full day tour of Florence lively and very interesting. Adri has an extensive knowledge of Florence and its many treasures. Her tour was extremely well organized and offered us chances to break for lunch or gelato when we were overwhelmed by the sheer volume of art in Florence. She ended the tour in the Accademia with a visit to see the Michelangelo's David. Adri's short lecture about the David inspired us to want to see more art which was something given we had been touring for 6 hours. Adri is enthusiastic and made the tour fun for our 22 year old son and ourselves.

Visited March 2014

Sydney, Australia
1,452 reviews 1,452 reviews
988 attraction reviews
1,394 helpful votes 1,394 helpful votes
“We saw the under belly of Florentine best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

As a practised and popular host, Florence knows how to cater to almost any taste of lodging. What holds true for hotels,doesn't subscribe for restaurants. Italian cities do not usually excell in a variety of cuisines,because they excel in a cuisine that is the envy of most of the rest of the world : Italian.
Florentine trattorie and osterie pump out the pasta and the risotto,the veal and the lamb. For my taste buds,fish is not a Tuscan standout,but beef,well,that's a different,sublime,exalted story. Tuscany is home of many a speciality fed cow and Florence is their after-life.. The tables here groan under tons of porterhouses,or 'Fiorentine' that can make a grateful carnivore weep with joy.
CUSTOM TOURS created the availability of everything good and great to be tasted or visited in this fabulous city. My thanks to the team for honing our request to a possible conclusion that exceeded our possibilities. Gracias bene.

Visited July 2013
Durban, South Africa
6 attraction reviews
“Delightful day in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had a delightful day in Florence with Adri. We visited during the World Cycle Tour when sightseeing in Florence was quite a challenge, but Adri managed to show us all the sights we were desperate to see and tailored the day to suit our family and the age of our children, balancing the historical sites with Gelato tastings, espresso shots at Gilli, paper making and a stop at the market where we were amazed at the gorgeous produce, kaleidoscope of colours and vibrant atmosphere. Adri also found us a very good restaurant to try an authentic Florentine steak which we enjoyed with veg frites - fabulous! I highly recommend this tour and would definitely book again if ever we returned to Florence as I would love to discover more about this beautiful city with Adri.

Visited September 2013
Coppell, Texas
“David L”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and i booked a private half day tour of Florence to learn about the art and architecture that tourists don't discover on their own.
We met Chiara at our hotel and went on a journey that included history, art, architecture, food, fashion, and local customs. Our time with Chiara went far beyond just a tour--it was a very good education.
Florence Custom Tours and specifically Chiara are and outstanding choice for time spent learning about this great city.

Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida
“Amazing time in Florence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

OK, I am way overdue in writing this review, but as the saying goes better late than never.

My wife and I visited Italy last year in October 2013 and wanted a private tour of Florence and saw Florence Custom Tours on Trip Advisor. Who had received great reviews so I decided to contact them. Boy! Am I glad I did.

We met Adri our tour guide from Florence Custom Tours at our designated meeting location and instantly hit it off! Adri was gracious, polite, and well informed. She made us feel like we were long time friends and she was giving us a tour of her city. I truly felt I was getting an insider's view to Florence. Moreover, learning about the key sites in Florence. We learned about food, coffee, arts, architecture, history, leather, and the list goes on. At no time did it feel commercialized. It was very special and my wife and Adri hit off. At times they would go off on their own ahead of me discussing Italian fashion while I gladly took photos of the sites.

I cannot recommend Florence Custom Tours and Adri enough!

Thank you Adri for the special time and memories.

Visited October 2013